Which day would you do Knotts ?

Crazy4Disney06

DIS Veteran
We are going to DL December 16th to 22nd. Two nights off property then 3 nights at VGC followed by another night off property (could not get a room for the entire stay on DVC points :( ). My original idea was to arrive Sunday about 3pm and spend that day at Downtown Disney and have dinner at GK. The next 4 days would be DL/DCA days. Check out of VGC on Friday and get a room across town and visit Knotts on our last day in Anaheim. I'm now wondering if it would be better to visit Knotts on Monday and spend Friday at DL instead. We have never been to Knotts so we don't know what to expect as far as crowd levels etc., but I really want to maximize my time at DL/DCA before the crowds near the end of our vacation start to roll in for Christmas week.
Any thoughts?

We did Knott's this March/April on a Saturday...

I would avoid a weekend at all cost... very very busy..

Long lines for the costers and no fast pass....

We had a blast and enjoyed it. and will go back again next year.. but during the week for sure...

Have fun:hippie:

We did Knott's this March/April on a Saturday...

I would avoid a weekend at all cost... very very busy..

Long lines for the costers and no fast pass....

We had a blast and enjoyed it. and will go back again next year.. but during the week for sure...

Have fun:hippie:

Thank you this is helpful!

It's too early to know for sure, but Monday the 17th might be a better day to go to KBF than Friday or Saturday because of the Toys for Tots program, which has ended in recent years around the 20th. There should be a full slate of entertainment in any case - just that you could get in cheaper on Monday.

Crazy4Disney06 said:
We are going to DL December 16th to 22nd. Two nights off property then 3 nights at VGC followed by another night off property (could not get a room for the entire stay on DVC points :( ). My original idea was to arrive Sunday about 3pm and spend that day at Downtown Disney and have dinner at GK. The next 4 days would be DL/DCA days. Check out of VGC on Friday and get a room across town and visit Knotts on our last day in Anaheim. I'm now wondering if it would be better to visit Knotts on Monday and spend Friday at DL instead. We have never been to Knotts so we don't know what to expect as far as crowd levels etc., but I really want to maximize my time at DL/DCA before the crowds near the end of our vacation start to roll in for Christmas week.
Any thoughts?

KBF is great during the holidays. They do an old style Christmas with a crafters village, live theater at the birdcage and they use the same company as DLR for their roaming Carolers. I agree that you need to avoid the weekend. Not only is there the toys for tots program but the often have special days for service men and women. Crowds get very high and KBF does not handle them as well as DLR.

KBF Sometimes closes completely if there are very heavy rains. It might happen a couple of times in a year and has happened in this timeframe you mentioned. Nothing you can control, just something to be aware of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter