Which Deluxe?

Nlihte

Can't Get enough of Disney!!!
We just got back from CBR, and loved it. I would now like to start planning at our next trip to WDW. Any suggestions on deluxes? We all love the theming of about every deluxe resort.
We've stayed at the Poly before and would like to try something new. (Although we loved it.):bounce: :earsboy:

AKL was great! Search under my user name for my reports on the trip report board or email me and I'll send them to you.

Thanks. I've heard the most about AKL, but not a whole lot on many of the other resorts. I will, however consider AKL. It sounds like a resort my family would enjoy.
Any other opinions?
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks alot. We have visited GF and really liked it! And we've also heard a ot about WL and AKL. Any other ideas?
:p ;)

Here's another vote for AKL. Although that is the ONLY deluxe we have stayed at, I don't think we will be trying anything else!!!

Having only stayed at Beach Club... I would have to give it my vote... only if you are planning on spending a lot of time at EPCOT or MGM. One of my bosses just returned from a stay at the Poly and said he would never do that again... said it was noisy and to Motel like... he didn't like the fact that he had to go outside to get to the lobby... go figure! His recommendation is for WL (if you want MK convenience).

As you can probably tell -lol - I love to try them all.

I have to say though, so far my 2 favorites of the deluxe resorts are The GF and The BC. I love the theming at both and each has extra benefits. The GF for monorail access is wonderful along with the resorts own ammenities and the BC for both the most awesome pool area on property and the fact that its the most convienient to practicaly everywhere. You can take the boat or walk to Epcot, MGM and even over to Boardwalk where there are lots of great resturaunts and evening activities. As far as I can tell, just about all the deluxes are great. Just decide which theming you're in the mood for. :D

Have a wonderful time -- decisions,decisions ;)

We've stayed at WL, AKL, Poly, and YC. We enjoyed staying at each one, and would return to any of them, but our hands down favorite is the Yacht Club :D ! It is a beautiful resort with newly renovated rooms, and the area is so convenient.

We had never really considered staying at an Epcot resort, but I loved the YC theming so much that I convinced DH to give it a try. We were so glad we did!

Out of all the deluxes we have visited, GF and BC are our favorites. However there are those we never have visited.

:confused:

You would have a great time at any of the deluxe resorts including GF, Contempo, Poly, WL, AKL, S/D, etc. They are all amazing...

We have just returned for The Wilderness Lodge and LOVED it. When we arrived we couldn't believe that we had never stayed their before, IMO it is extremely good value-for-money. The atmosphere and theming was beautiful - we will definitely be re-visiting.

We also loved The Grand Floridian, the location is just wonderful.

However, we REALLY didn't like AKL, we hated the location, the CM's seemed to be unfriendly and unhelpful and our savannah view room was dull and seemed old and used. We also didn't feel for the swimming pool and we had to wait ages for transportation every day. JMO, hopefully it was a one-off.

Whichever Deluxe you choose, I don't think you can go too wrong :)

Thanks Alot! I'm still not quite sure, because they all sound so wonderful!
:Pinkbounc :bounce:

We stayed at the GF in September and that was really nice. But, I really enjoy the Contemporary. The location is unbeatable and you can walk to the MK in under 10 minutes. You can take the monorail to MK and Epcot which eliminates a good amount of time spent on the buses. You can take the boats to WL or Ft. Wilderness. There are two pools and a huge arcade as well as a couple of good restaurants such as Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse and California Grille.

If you stay in the tower at the contemporary you will have an amazing view. I have found the rooms to be spacious and bright and always very clean. We have never had a problem with this resort and we're returning in May. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter