• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which DVC resort is best for young children (under 6)?

I know this really does not answer your question, but Matthew (age 6) has been to OKW, BWV, and HH. We have visited Vero and VWL on a day trip, but did not stay there. Matthew has enjoyed all the location we have stayed at.

At BWV he liked the pool, but didn't want to go down the slide as he is not yet confident in his swimming abilities.

At OKW, he loved the pool. In addition, he loved looking for the wild life around the buildings, ie Squirrels, lizards, rabbits.....

At HH, he loved going to the beach. I was very surprised when he told us it was okay if one time we didn't go to Mickey's house and spent the whole week at HH.

I haven't been to OKW yet, but I would think BWV. The activities on the BW itself are great for entertaining little ones, and Stormalong Bay is just a short walk away. I also think the BWV pools are a little more attractive to kids than the WL pools, since the slide is bigger and the theming is kid-centered.

The kids' club there, however, doesn't look like much, at least from the outside.

The advantage to VWL is that access to MK is simple- just hop on the boat. If you think your kids will want to spend alot more time there than at Epcot or MGM, you might want to consider VWL instead.

My vote would be VWL. The surroundings are very appealing to our son (8 not 6). He likes looking for the hidden Mickeys, the pools, the horse race at Whispering Canyon, chasing lizards, and just the interest of the surroundings. He thought the pool, the horse carousel, and model roller coaster(in the lobby) at BWV was cool. He really wasn’t interested in the surrounding boardwalk area at BWV. No offense. We liked it!

On a day while we at Epcot, we walked to BWV and it was a haul for the young ones in the heat. Depending on the time of year you are going, I would advise against walking to the park with little ones because they will be tired by the time they get there. I know I was. ;) Others with more experience may have more knowledge than I. JMHO.

I wouldn't complain about any of them!
:D

We have only stayed at WL and VWL, but our 4 and 2 yo love it. They love the lodge, the spring in the lobby, the POOL, the beach, the wildlife, Whispering Canyon (and the lincoln logs), in the lobby of the villas is a train replica (and my son's a train freak) - and just the whole grand feel of the place. The boat to the MK - although a long return trip from the park - is also a lot of fun for them. I would think the BW pool would be a big favorite too. WE're staying at OKW in December, so I can't comment on that yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter