Which DVC?

watkinsme

I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)
We are planning on staying our first DVC vacation at WDW (have been to HHI)

We are a family of 5 (8. 7. and 4). We will have one scooter with us.

Where would you stay? Where would you avoid?

Typically we do 8 day non-park hoppers - and spend 3 days mk, 2 or 3 days epcot, 1 or 2 days DHS, and 1 day AK.

(we are going the second full week in December - so not too busy from what I remember :) )

I would think BLT can take monorail to MK (or walk if scooter is not joining you or walk pathway is accessible) and take monorail to EPCOT. I think avoiding bus with scooter is a good idea. The other one would be BWV or BCV to have boat access to 2 parks.

We are planning on staying our first DVC vacation at WDW (have been to HHI)

We are a family of 5 (8. 7. and 4). We will have one scooter with us.

Where would you stay? Where would you avoid?

Typically we do 8 day non-park hoppers - and spend 3 days mk, 2 or 3 days epcot, 1 or 2 days DHS, and 1 day AK.

(we are going the second full week in December - so not too busy from what I remember :) )

You may want to book your home resort now. December can be hard to book at seven months out.

For the size of your group and the scooter, I'd choose OKW and request either a first floor villa or one of the elevator buildings for medical necessity (most buildings don't have elevators).

You may want to book your home resort now. December can be hard to book at seven months out.

For the size of your group and the scooter, I'd choose OKW and request either a first floor villa or one of the elevator buildings for medical necessity (most buildings don't have elevators).

Given their park plans, I'm not sure I'd choose OKW. It would mean a bus to all 4 parks. With a scooter, that can be frustrating at times.

I'd go with BLT. That gives them monorail access to the MK & EPCOT, where they will be spending the majority of their time. Assuming they are getting at least a 1 bedroom, they will have sleeping space for 5 plus 2 bathrooms and plenty of parking space for the scooter at night.

agree with carol.....
i would go with BLT or BWV/BCV so you could avoid buses for at least 2 parks.

with BWV or BCV, you could walk/ride scooter or take a friendship to EPCOT and DHS.

as said tho, december is busy for DVC, and all three are smaller, and very popular resorts.
enjoy :)

If conserving points isn't an issue and there is availability when you go to book, I'd def pick BLT. You can monorail to MK and Epcot and other resorts for ADRs. BCV would be next on my list with BWV close behind (can take boat or walk to Epcot and HS).

We have to wait till the 7 month window because we are using points from 2 different resorts. We will still be going even if we don't get into where we would "like" to go or if we have to switch resorts mid stay :)

We have to wait till the 7 month window because we are using points from 2 different resorts. We will still be going even if we don't get into where we would "like" to go or if we have to switch resorts mid stay :)
Then you definitely should reserve your home resort now to be sure you have a place to stay. The first two weeks of December are very popular times for DVC members to visit. The lower cost villas at BWV, BLT & AKV will probably not be an option at 7 months.

I agree. We're traveling over spring break and booked only 60 days out. BCV and BWV were booked so I chose BLT. Although early Dec is less crowded, it may be hard to book the same resort for your entire stay. I did request waitlist for BCV though.

Then you definitely should reserve your home resort now to be sure you have a place to stay. The first two weeks of December are very popular times for DVC members to visit. The lower cost villas at BWV, BLT & AKV will probably not be an option at 7 months.

we have enough points to stay in the lake view (1bdr)

we have 2 "home resorts" for these points - so we would have to book a split stay right now so we'll wait - worst case absolutely nothing is available and we have to book a regular room at a resort and save our points for later :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter