Which has more for a toddler- Epcot or HS?

Destinyz12

Mouseketeer
On my upcoming trip, one of my friends that is local to Disney will be joining me for a day with her toddler who will be almost 3 at the time. Unfortunately she can't make it for our MK or AK days, so which park between HS and Epcot would have more toddler-friendly attractions? I can think of a couple at each, (Nemo at Epcot, Disney jr at HS), but anything else that is suitable?

Beyond the ones you named, I'd say Figment is suitable for a toddler. Character Spot. Pixar short films.

HS - Voyage of the Little Mermaid

There are other attractions a toddler could see or go on, but they may or may not hold interest (Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, etc...)

I vote Epcot. SSE, Journey into the Imagination, Nemo (my DD3 LOVES these rides and they interactive play areas afterwards), Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land (yes, my DD likes this too), Frozen Ever After, the boat ride in Mexico, tons of things to see/do around World Showcase (passport, coloring Duffy bear, etc).

Every time we try to go to HS with our kiddos, we leave with a feeling that we just should have done another Epcot day instead! :-)

It depends on the toddler’s interest.

For example ...

-If the toddler is into princesses, there’s the Frozen Ever After ride, meeting Anna & Elsa, plus various princess meet & greets in WS. If not, there’s still plenty to do - the 3 Caballeros ride in Mexico, the character spot to meet Mickey, Minnie, etc., The Seas with Nemo, Turtle Talk, Spaceship Earth, Journey into Imagination, Pixar short films, the Land, etc.

-At DHS, there’s the Little Mermaid show, Beauty and the Beast show, Disney Jr. show, Toy Story Mania, Frozen sing along, Muppet Vision, and meet and greets (Olaf, Cars, Disney Jr, etc.)

On our next trip we need to choose between Epcot and DHS. We are choosing Epcot because my kids will be 3 & almost 2 then and they had such a wonderful time there in Sept ( they were 2.5 and 1). For us, going to all the DHS shows takes time and planning - I don’t want to just drag them from show to show and on one ride. We like the variety of experiences for them at Epcot.

My 4 and 7 yo kids loved both but they liked HS mainly because of the shows. I think it's too iffy that a toddler will sit through the shows but there is plenty to do at Epcot so I think that's your best choice!

I vote Epcot as well - more flexible in terms of stuff you can do without a strict schedule, plus I love, love, LOVE Turtle Talk with Crush!

(My only flip-flop would be if her toddler hates the stroller. HS is a lot smaller for little legs to walk.)

Epcot definitely seems like the better choice, since we won't have to worry about all of the shows. And the toddler is a boy who isn't familiar with too many Disney movies yet- mainly just Pixar, and he loves fish/aquariums so he would probably love the finding Nemo area and the Coral reef restaurant if we eat there. Thanks everyone.

I think there is lot to do at either for toddlers. HS has shows and fun characters. Epcot has a few more rides for kids that age.

I was just at Disney with 3 toddlers, and we spent much more time at Epcot. My crew really enjoyed the play area you come into after the Imagination ride plus all the rides mentioned by PP.

That said, they all loved Fantasmic. Illuminations not as much.

I haven't been to HS since having kids. But I went to Epcot recently with a 2 year old and almost 4 year old and they loved it! Their favorites were Frozen Ever After, Figment, Turtle Talk, Nemo, the Donald Duck Grand Fiesta boat ride in Mexico... Strangely enough, they LOVED the Energy ride with Ellen. We decided to go on that one to see if anybody would nap, and they were so incredibly mesmerized that nobody napped.

They also loved meeting Baymax and the Inside Out characters, and Mickey and the gang at Garden Grill. Oh and my almost 4 year old boy was dying to meet Elsa and Anna so we met them, and Donald in Mexico. We met a lot of characters, now that I think about it!!

I second the suggestion to ask your friend about her daughter's interests. Without more information, I feel like Epcot has more, but if we took my three year old and he didn't get to see the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS he would be devastated since it's his favorite movie ever!

Epcot- aquarium, little mermaid, living land boat, figment, characters, mexican boat ride, frozen ride, My kids have always loved the Garden Grill character meal.

HS has playhouse disney.

I vote Epcot. We actually skipped HS with our toddler and plan not to go there until the Star Wars stuff is finished.

My son absolutely loved Turtle Talk with Crush. He also liked the Nemo ride, Living with the Land, the Mexico boat ride, SSE, the Chevrolet showroom at the TT exit, and taking in the sights and sounds around World Showcase.

He was also a big fan of the Garden Grille character meal.

A lot of kids like FEA, but it was a miss for us. The drop freaked my son out.

We ended up deciding on Epcot- much more for him to do and she doesn't think he'd sit through too many shows at HS. Thanks for the suggestions!

I vote Epcot. SSE, Journey into the Imagination, Nemo (my DD3 LOVES these rides and they interactive play areas afterwards), Turtle Talk with Crush, Living with the Land (yes, my DD likes this too), Frozen Ever After, the boat ride in Mexico, tons of things to see/do around World Showcase (passport, coloring Duffy bear, etc).

Every time we try to go to HS with our kiddos, we leave with a feeling that we just should have done another Epcot day instead! :-)

All of this! Our toddler enjoyed Epcot much more than Hollywood Studios. :goodvibes

Don't forget that Epcot has the water play areas on the main walkway to the countries and the misting station and the jumping water
by Imagination. My boys loved those when they were little (and still do), some of our best times at Disney were just stopping to watch the ducks
at Epcot and letting them just enjoy the space they were in. There were more of those spots at Epcot than DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!