Which Hotel offers the best "Free Breakfast"

TamaraQT

DIS Veteran
So which hotel would you recommend for the best "free" breakfast? We usually arrive the night before check-in to our resort. We stay at Red Lion. Before we check in to our weekly resort we stop for a quick breakfast at Golden Corral, or I-Hop or Cracker Barrel. So I was thinking when I add up the cost of the hotel and having to pay for breakfast the next day, the cost is still at or a little over $100. So I was thinking if I stay somewhere that offers a good free breakfast then it may be worth it. So I am asking the DIS boards which hotel would you recommend ?

Last edited:
Not speaking for Orlando specifically, but when we travel and stop en route to Orlando or elsewhere, we generally find that Hampton Inn usually has the best free breakfast. Their eggs usually taste like eggs, and they have a good selection of fruit and healthy options. I often stay at Holiday Inn Express, and many seem to be stepping up their game to rival Hampton. Again, this is a generalization, and quality can vary based on hotel management, so check reviews for specific locations.

I can tell you in a few weeks. My son is staying at Hyatt Place Lake Buena visit specifically because he wanted a free breakfast. He's stayed at one before in North Carolina and it was good. I guess it can vary between locations.

He got his room rate for $122 per night through Priceline. It stayed at that price pretty consistently, although in the last week I think it dropped down to $108 per night. So that may still be higher than you want to pay.

What an interesting coincidence... I am also going to suggest Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Like bankr63 I can't speak specifically about the locations in the Orlando area but have been satisfied with them in other parts of the country.

Embassy Suites. Google image it :thumbsup2

We prefer ES LBV SOUTH but have stayed at LBV, Intl, Downtown and all were fine.

We have stayed at many hotels with breakfasts but without paying for it ....... this one is hard to beat. Others will be just fine but not cooked to order or expansive.

Cooked to order eggs or Omelets all fresh ingredients. Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast/Banana Bread Pudding. Scrambled eggs/Bacon/Sausage. Breakfast potatoes. Yogurt with every imaginable topping. Oatmeal with lots of toppings. Wide range of cereal. Cut fruit to create your own salad. Whole fruit. Bread/Bagels/Biscuits/Muffins/Pastries/Donuts. About 4 flavors of juice. Multiple coffees and Teas. Milks and Sodas.

Last edited:
Drury Inn has a pretty good free breakfast. Hot foods include eggs, waffles, potatoes, biscuits & gravy. Lots of cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels/toast, muffins, donuts, juice, soft drinks etc. They also have a free nightly kickback (5:30 to 7pm, I think) that has 3 free alcoholic drinks per person and lots of free food.

Embassy Suites. Google image it :thumbsup2

We prefer ES LBV SOUTH but have stayed at LBV, Intl, Downtown and all were fine.

We have stayed at many hotels with breakfasts but without paying for it ....... this one is hard to beat. Others will be just fine but not cooked to order or expansive.

Cooked to order eggs or Omelets all fresh ingredients. Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast/Banana Bread Pudding. Scrambled eggs/Bacon/Sausage. Breakfast potatoes. Yogurt with every imaginable topping. Oatmeal with lots of toppings. Wide range of cereal. Cut fruit to create your own salad. Whole fruit. Bread/Bagels/Biscuits/Muffins/Pastries/Donuts. About 4 flavors of juice. Multiple coffees and Teas. Milks and Sodas.
I think this is what I have in mind for free breakfast. If I buy a good buffet breakfast for 4 people like you describe it will be at least $40 dollars minimum ($10/each). So I'm thinking if I add $40 to $50 to the price of my hotel it may be worth it. Even time saved by not having to drive to a restaurant can be taken into consideration. Thanks :goodvibes

Drury Inn has a pretty good free breakfast. Hot foods include eggs, waffles, potatoes, biscuits & gravy. Lots of cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels/toast, muffins, donuts, juice, soft drinks etc. They also have a free nightly kickback (5:30 to 7pm, I think) that has 3 free alcoholic drinks per person and lots of free food.

I forgot about Drury. Ive heard good things about them. Thanks!!! :goodvibes

Hyatt Place is pretty good; Embassy Suites is best of the big name chains. The others are continental with a waffle maker -- albeit those are some good waffles. The Hampton Inn lake buena vista has Mickey templates in the waffle makers! (Not that I intentionally stayed there once mainly for that reason after seeing on TripAdvisor or anything...:rolleyes1)

Definitely look for Embassy Suites if available, though. BIG rooms (2 queens plus or one king plus sleeper sofa in a separate room) and FULL breakfast buffet included with an omelet station. Just tip the omelet guy a couple of bucks; those guys work hard :)

OOOHHH, just remembered another spot that had above average breakfast .... StayBridge Suites LBV. Decent two line buffet, waffle stations etc. We were happy with so many options there.

Hyatt Place is pretty good; Embassy Suites is best of the big name chains. The others are continental with a waffle maker -- albeit those are some good waffles. The Hampton Inn lake buena vista has Mickey templates in the waffle makers! (Not that I intentionally stayed there once mainly for that reason after seeing on TripAdvisor or anything...:rolleyes1)

Definitely look for Embassy Suites if available, though. BIG rooms (2 queens plus or one king plus sleeper sofa in a separate room) and FULL breakfast buffet included with an omelet station. Just tip the omelet guy a couple of bucks; those guys work hard :)

Stayed here - LBV - one trip and it was a Night Owl trip so we always slept through breakfast ... but the pictures of what they offered looked very good! We actually really liked the hotel, the "room/suite" was very well done and spacious. Great location, I'd return here in a heartbeat.

And everyone keeps your eyes open. Drury bought the Best Western in Disney Springs. At some point they are expected to fully renovate and re-brand it.

I have a feeling a Drury hotel will get a lot of business in the Disney Springs area. Especially if they continue the breakfast and the evening refreshments. I suspect more will consider it an alternative to staying at a value resort. The breakfast and evening refreshments will create some competition. Especially now that the Disney Springs/Good Neighbor hotels are offering more perks with their stay that wasn't offered before. I will keep my eyes and ears open. I cant wait to hear from people who had the opportunity to try it !!!

Yes Drury Inn!!! Plus they have hot foods in the afternoon as well as free cocktails.

Hyatt is nice but I remember all their foods being like cold cereal, fruit, pastries.

I have family staying 2 nights at Comfort Inn LBV and it has free parking and breakfast but I don't know if it's continental or what.

Days inns normally have hot breakfast Mike scrambled eggs, make your own waffles and biscuits and sausage.

Last edited:
So which hotel would you recommend for the best "free" breakfast? We usually arrive the night before check-in to our resort. We stay at Red Lion. Before we check in to our weekly resort we stop for a quick breakfast at Golden Corral, or I-Hop or Cracker Barrel. So I was thinking when I add up the cost of the hotel and having to pay for breakfast the next day, the cost is still at or a little over $100. So I was thinking if I stay somewhere that offers a good free breakfast then it may be worth it. So I am asking the DIS boards which hotel would you recommend ?

As many has said, Embassy Suites is the breakfast king.

We did have a good breakfast at Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings as well.

Embassy suites has everything breakfast and an all you can drink night reception. It is my favorite hotel. You cant beat the military (veteran) discount. I usually eat one plate then make another and put it in the fridge for later especially if I'm on the cheap side that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!