Which HP wand did you pick and why?

Eve & Wall-e

Mouseketeer
DH and I just got back from our first visit to Universal Orlando. We loved Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Both of us chose non-character interactive wands. We both wanted wands that weren't associated with a character. I chose the Holly wand and DH chose the Hazel wand. We both just liked the way they looked and felt as we held them.

Which wand did you pick and why?

I chose a wand mostly for the looks and ended up with Ginny's wand. It's sleek and simple and feels really nice holding it.

Dh got the death eater swirl wand. He liked the look and the feel of it and he enjoyed telling CMs that the wand picked him because he was a death eater.

I picked Hermione's, because she's my favorite book character of all time. I plan to get Harry's when I return. I have a special stand at home for display. :)

DH and I just got back from our first visit to Universal Orlando. We loved Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Both of us chose non-character interactive wands. We both wanted wands that weren't associated with a character. I chose the Holly wand and DH chose the Hazel wand. We both just liked the way they looked and felt as we held them.
I did the same. Didn't want one associated directly with a character either. Picked the reed wand as I liked the look of it the best and the feel of it too. If I get another one I'm leaning towards Sirius Black's since I like the look of it the best overall too.

I don’t have a wand but I bought my daughter in law the highest priced one as a birthday gift

Figured she would love me or just really like me if I gave her something she could not afford

Heck if it turns out it not her favorite wand she could exchange it when she gets there

You know how some evil mother In laws
just needs to blow the budget Dil will warm
Up to them
Lol

The first year we went (2012) I got a Harry and Molly got a Professor Slughorn just based on the way it looked. Now we want a Dumbledore because we are more familiar with the story. We have wanted to get an interactive one the last 3 trips, even brought a black light flashlight with us to read the map. But the areas are always so crowded and we see so many people trying the spells fruitlessly over and over and it just seems like it would be an exercise in frustration.

I'm going to buy Neville Longbottoms wand, my favourite character, even though I'm not a Gryffindor (I'm a Ravenclaw) I'll make an exception for Neville!

But the areas are always so crowded and we see so many people trying the spells fruitlessly over and over and it just seems like it would be an exercise in frustration.

We noticed that at several locations there were witches and wizards (team members) who would assist people attempting spells. At times the spell locations had lines but it moved fast. We always let kids get in front of us to do the spells before us. They are so excited and it's fun watching them.

We have enough wands that I no longer remember which are mine and which are DD's. I am pretty sure Ginny's wand is mine, and I think I have a non-character wand.

YOU mean my wand Didn't choose me?! Kidding. I asked which one was for my birthday. I got a birch wand which I liked so I ended up getting that one. I was leaning towards Luna's very pretty and it looks like a tulip bloom to me. Add another person who loves Neville Longbottom.

I can't remember what my wands called but it's not a specific character. I picked it because it has hints of red on it.

We were helped by cast members when we couldn't figure out the spells... Particularly in Knock turn alley .. They'd just appear out of nowhere to help. Kind of spooky back there.

Hi we have gotten wands on multiple trips. However, on our first trip we all bought our favorite character wands. I got Snape, my DD Hermione (original) my DH got Sirius. The next year they were selling a Dumbledore's Army set in a wall stand so we got those. The year after that the teens got interactive wands. I was going to get my second favorite character Lupin's wand but it felt awkward in my hand.

I am sure we are not done yet.:)

The first year we went (2012) I got a Harry and Molly got a Professor Slughorn just based on the way it looked. Now we want a Dumbledore because we are more familiar with the story. We have wanted to get an interactive one the last 3 trips, even brought a black light flashlight with us to read the map. But the areas are always so crowded and we see so many people trying the spells fruitlessly over and over and it just seems like it would be an exercise in frustration.

Another new thing in this post -- a black light flashlight? (Our last US trip was about seven years ago . . . so much to catch up on . . . )

Another new thing in this post -- a black light flashlight? (Our last US trip was about seven years ago . . . so much to catch up on . . . )
There are things on the map you can only read with a black light. There's a light in the alley but we take our own. Have yet to use it.

There are things on the map you can only read with a black light. There's a light in the alley but we take our own. Have yet to use it.

I wonder if I could buy one of these at Home Depot -- my kids might think I really am Professor McGonogall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts