Which is less scary, Mummy or Hulk? (Poll for next ride to take my kids on!)

Which ride should the kids do next?

• Total voters
So what I meant by smooth was, the fact that you don’t feel like your head is banging around and it doesn’t give you a headache. Is that not the case with Hulk? I am a petite individual and I will ride any ride out there, but the older I have gotten I really dislike those I feel like that are rattling your brain!!

Allegedly it is supposed to be smoother due to the refurb, as others have pointed out previous to me replying back again. I never understood how that can even be possible, as I am pretty sure the track is the same (at least to me it's always looked the same). As well as the ride vehicles are different, but have the same general idea of the seats as previous. However, like others have said not really that much of a difference, or at least not that different from other coasters. You can try to push your head back as much as possible, as they always recommend anyway, however to me, it doesn't make that dramatic of a difference, but helps a little.

It's not as bad as some other coasters, but it's still not what I would describe as "smooth". For me, to not feel as if I'm not getting my head smacked around I have to do coasters without the headrest. At least then, the only thing that happens with your head is the sudden stops. I still do those coasters with the headrest from time to time, but most of the time I avoid them. Besides, it seems the ones without them I generally enjoy more due to the theme and/or other reasons. As for example, The Mummy is personally my favorite coaster (however I haven't ridden Hagrid's yet so I'm sure once I do that will be my new favorite).

Last edited:
For me, when a rollercoaster uses the "over the shoulder" restraints like the Hulk, my head ends up bumping back-and-forth during a ride. So I tend to view those rides are "rough". Some are better than others; I'd rank Hulk in the middle.

For rides that use only lap restraints like RRR, that is not a concern for me. I always have my arms up so the only way to bump my head is backwards, and it doesn't happen to me on RRR. I lean into all of the turns, almost to the point where I feel like I will fall out. So I find RRR very smooth and my favorite ride in UO. My wife on the other hand, holds on tightly during the entire ride, and thinks it is very rough...

I will pile on the Hulk is not that smooth bandwagon. I much prefer RRR to Hulk. Now that I am in my later 50's, I will only ride Hulk once per day as it does bother my head some. My DS who was never much of a coaster fan when he was younger loved Mummy.

Maybe the Hulk is not smooth, but on The Mummy there are quick starts and stops that are real back jerkers. I like both the coasters tho, maybe the Mummy a little bit more. Hulk more intense physically, Mummy more intense psychologically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter