Which loops were there 33 years ago?

AnneDE

Earning My Ears
We first camped at Ft Wilderness 33 years ago. (Back when the “yellow turtle express” took us from our tent site to transportation to the parks.) Im wondering which of the current loops made up the campground back then. Does anyone know?

AnneDE,

Well let's see. 33 years ago would be 1984.

I'm pretty sure all the campsite loops through 2100 were there. Not sure if the cabin loops were there yet with their Terry Trailers which preceded the cabins.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
AnneDE I only go back as far 87 for staying in THE FORT (Cabins or as Bama Ed says then they were trailers but Ed prior to change to cabins I remember FLEETWOOD providing the trailers) Then transport thru the FORT was by BUS ( I Believe Blue and Brown flag ) Looking over a map I remember The WORLD'S GREATEST BUS DRIVER ( He wasn't bragging he was just GOOD ) calling out the names of all of same loops there today My cousin showed me a map from 86 it was same as today's mostly some transport options have changed

Not sure if the cabin loops were there yet

1) Mobile homes were available from the start of The Fort.
2) Alas, they looked like mobile homes and not the "cabin" exterior look.

NOTE:
The Fort was a desire of Walt.
YES, Walt wanted it, and it was not just planned by others.
He specifically wanted families to be able to camp-and-stay at his "Florida Project".
Other resorts he planned were not developed.
But, The Fort was ready on Nov-19-1971 (not ready on WDW opening day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter