Which marathon coincides with WDW 50th ?

Chrisizzle

Mouseketeer
Which RunDisney full marathon will coincide with the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebrations?

Would it be Jan 2021 because 2021 is 50 years from 1971 ?

Or will it be Jan 2022 because it takes place after October 1st, 2021 which will be the official 50th anniversary date?

And... any speculation as to whether the RunDisney events would do anything special for the WDW 50th ?
(eg. Special 50th markings on shirts or medals, special characters or events)

That’s a great question. Doesn’t look like Disney is doing anything for 2021 just yet.

Which RunDisney full marathon will coincide with the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary celebrations?

Or will it be Jan 2022 because it takes place after October 1st, 2021 which will be the official 50th anniversary date?

And... any speculation as to whether the RunDisney events would do anything special for the WDW 50th ?

I wouldn’t bank too heavily on RunDisney doing anything significant for the MK’s 50th anniversary. They struggle to do anything meaningful for major anniversaries for their own races.

I would guess 2022 because that would be the marathon during the 50th anniversary year instead of roughly 10 months before it. As for anything special, it's difficult to say. 2015 was the 10th anniversary of the Disneyland races and the 60th anniversary of Disneyland itself, so the medals that year were themed to Disneyland 60. At the same time, Disneyland tends to make a bigger deal out of anniversary years than Disney World so we'll see if runDisney does anything.

I wouldn’t bank too heavily on RunDisney doing anything significant for the MK’s 50th anniversary. They struggle to do anything meaningful for major anniversaries for their own races.
As mentioned they have tied in the Disneyland anniversaries. So it wouldn’t surprise me one way or the other. I don’t expect anything major though.

I would guess 2022, they would have made 2021 a bigger deal if it was the official 50th anniversary marathon

I'm not sure they are going to explicitly celebrate the 50th anniversary but I would think the 2022 race is what will fall during the overall park celebration. Have they announced the official anniversary celebrations yet? I would expect them to go from Oct 2021 through Oct 2022 but knowing Disney they may have them last over a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter