Which on site resorts are generally available at 7 month window?

I suppose SSR, OKW and Kidani are the mainstays. However, this year will be different than any other because of all cancellations in March and April. Owners there may be happy to stay there.

We've had good luck in the past getting studios almost anywhere at Disney world in February and April at exactly 7 mths online. You just have to be flexible and have a list of 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices. We always book Feb/April vacations with our OKW pts--so you can see all the places we've stayed in April in my signature--none of those times were at OKW. We were supposed to be at BWV this April...

I’m not sure I know what you mean - I see a lot of posts about availability - perhaps you can clarify. Thank you.

Maybe I misunderstood your question. You asked for BRV availability at 7 months. I thought you were asking someone to let you know what was aviailble right now,

We do allow posts that talk about it in general terms, but not the posting of someone looking up time periods and saying what they can see,

Skier Pete's thread might not be so accurate now with all the changes and rebookings.

Maybe I misunderstood your question. You asked for BRV availability at 7 months. I thought you were asking someone to let you know what was aviailble right now,

We do allow posts that talk about it in general terms, but not the posting of someone looking up time periods and saying what they can see,
No, the title of my post was “which on-site resorts are GENERALLY available”, I wasn’t asking specifically about right now, but thank you for taking the time to clarify.

Skier Pete's thread might not be so accurate now with all the changes and rebookings.
Thanks - I just wanted to get a general idea because I’m trying to decide between two resorts - but yeah - I realize it’s based on history and could and probably will change for a number of reasons.

Yes, be aware that 1 BRs are much more likely to have availability. Even though I'm going solo in January and only want a studio, I found far more availability for a 1 BR, so I may have to take a 1 BR.

Buy where you don't mind staying, it is getting very difficult to switch at 7 months.
That’s what I’m learning but I also see it as a problem - because I don’t know if there’s only 1 resort I’d like to go to year in and year out - it would be nice to switch it up every now and then and be closer to other areas of the park. Oh well!

That's what most of us do. Book home, and at 7 months, look and see if you can try something new. If not, no big deal, if your home resort is fine with you. We have been members for 27 years, have stayed at every WDW DVC and VB. All are very nice you can't really go wrong.

Also be aware that there can be a huge difference between booking at seven months (or even "walking" into a seven month reservations - which doesn't always work) and booking at six months three weeks. People who have the best luck are able to call early in the window, sometimes walk, are willing to check in frequently to see if they can snag cancellations, will waitlist, and are willing to split stay - and then are happy with whatever they originally had booked if it doesn't work out. People who have the worst luck are the ones who don't get around until calling until a few weeks after the seven month window open, and when what they want isn't available, are heartbroken. They won't stalk or waitlist because they don't want to/don't have time/ or aren't willing to risk a split stay. Both had access to the same availability - but for the first one "buying where you don't mind ending up" will work great and they will be delighted to get to stay at almost every DVC resort - over time - that they want to - just not always their first choice for every trip and sometimes with a split stay. They might not even understand why some members have such a hard time with availability The second will need to "buy where they want to stay" and book as close to eleven months as possible for DVC to have a chance of not being a poor choice - and may not even understand why some people always seem to find availability when they never have any luck.

Also be aware that there can be a huge difference between booking at seven months (or even "walking" into a seven month reservations - which doesn't always work) and booking at six months three weeks.

Boy, did we learn that (to our advantage)! Once I reserved within 2 minutes of the 7 month window opening-20 minutes later there was no availability for that room type/resort. Next time I knew to set my alarm!

Boy, did we learn that (to our advantage)! Once I reserved within 2 minutes of the 7 month window opening-20 minutes later there was no availability for that room type/resort. Next time I knew to set my alarm!
Reminds me of trying to snag some dinner reservations - Disney can be a lot of work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!