Which park do I choose???

Jennf721

Earning My Ears
Hello!
My family of 4 is flying into Orlando en-route to visit some family on December 28. We have to opportunity to do ONE day at ONE park. We are really struggling at making a decision. It would be a surprise for our children. That being said, we go WDW each year and are DVC members. However, we have never been at Christmas time. Hollywood Studios is booked. I am leaning towards MK because I feel like there are so many attractions and we would get the most "bang for our buck" (the one day park pass is so expensive:( ) My husband, on the other hand is leaning towards Epcot. We love AK but I'm not sure it would give us the holiday feels.
For those that have been during the Christmas season, what are your thoughts??

I think it's a personal preference for sure, but for me, would be MK all the way :). We did MK for one day last Christmas (2 nights before driving to Tampa, like you, stopped en route to visit family) and had a blast. Even in the rain, lol.

Admittedly, I've never been to Epcot during the holidays. However, the last two times (pre pandemic in January and during in August) we've been to Epcot, we left disappointed. In Jan, it was all the walls being up and the crowds, in Aug, it was the cutbacks and closures (the walls were easier to navigate this time).

We did AK a few weeks ago, so the decorations were up, which was nice, but I agree, you'd definitely get more bang for the one-day buck at MK I think.

Edited to add: When we were just there in November, the MK cavalcades were awesome and even in the warm weather we did get the holiday feels with all the decorations, treats, etc.

Hopefully someone with holiday Epcot experience can shed more thoughts :)

MK. I love all the parks for their own reasons, but something about MK is the epicenter of Disney spirit for me.

If you are visiting only one then it should be MK. :) In my opinion, MK is the essence of Disney World, the other parks look to me just extra additions.

I would do MK. The Christmas decorations are beautiful and there are so many more rides.

EPCOT!!

We are doing a weekend in mid December just to see decorations. We are doing EPCOT snd Magic Kingdom. Those 2 parks have the best decorations IMHO.

IF it were not for the decorations, we would choose EPCOT and The Studios. Magic Kingdom is just not one of our top parks not that the kids are older.

MK for 1 reason- the Christmas decorations! I mean, there are a lot of other reasons to go to MK...and any old day I could make arguments for the other parks based on likes, ages of kids, etc. But there is nothing quite like MK at Christmas time....we are 18 days in counting until our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter