Which passes?

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
Hello!

We are planning a trip to Disney and definitely want to do a couple of days at Universal/IOA. We will be going with our two boys, ages 4 and 6. We will be in Orlando for 10 days and are trying to decide which passes would be best. We want to take a day off in the middle of the trip, and we won't be visiting parks the day we arrive or the day we leave, that leaves 7 days of parks. We were thinking we would get 5 day Disney hoppers and two day passes for IOA/Universal. Is this enough time? Do they have to be used on consecutive days? Could we add on a day and turn it into a three day pass if we think we need one more day, like you can with the Disney hoppers?

Realistically how much time should we set aside to do these two parks with kids of this age?

Thanks!

QUESTIONS:::
1: When are you going, dates????

2: Are you going to Universal during a week day or on the weekend?????

3: Are you early risers so that being at the gates by 8:30 is not a problem????

4: IOA has 54" minimum heigth requirement on Hulk and Dragons, 44" minimum on Ripsaw Falls, 52" on Dr. Doom, 42" on Bilge Rat Ride and Jurassic Park River Adventure and 40" on Spiderman. This might have a bearing on the 4 and possibly 8 year-old.

:confused:

We will be going Nov 30-Dec 9 2002.

My older boy will be tall enough to ride the 44" rides, but that doesn't mean he will ! LOL.

We will be going during the week, and we are not really early risers. We will probably not make it there until 9 or 9:30; realistically maybe 10 am.

So what do you think?

Carrie

That shouldn't be a very busy time at the parks. YOu don't have to use the two day passes on two consecutive days and I think you can have it upgraded to a three day. Look on this site--there are some buy 2 days get one free offers around. Discover card was offering one. You could call them. I also don't know if there is a deadline by which they have to be used.

on a two day park hopper style of pass the second day does not expire until used. Discover card has a program in effect now of buy 2 get third day free. the restriction is that you must use all the days within a 7 day period. If you are going thru the week, you should easily be able to do both parks in two days with out breaking a sweat on a hot day. :smooth:

I just received my US/IOA tickets. There is a link on this forum to a Kissimmee/St. Cloud discount. I purchased a 2 day ticket and got the 3rd day free. The great thing about this versus the Discover card deal is that the 3rd day never expires! Good Luck.

Melanie

Thanks everyone! Hopefully they will still offer the third day free discount before we go!

you can purchase 2day tickets with 3rd day free online, it will cost about the same as if you purchased at the gate ($95.35). but you have to purchase that pass online: http://www.universalorlando.com/kissoffer. if you do not have the opportunity to purchase prior to your visit, you can always upgrade inside the park at guest services. it's about $16.00 for 2day to 3day.
have a good trip :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter