Which rental car companies are onsite at HNL?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I was considering rental from Alamo but I see that you need to take a shuttle to get your car and get the shuttle back to the airport when you return.
Are there any rental companies that are right onsite? It seems that would be a lot less aggravation arriving and departing.

Avis, Advantage, Budget, Hertz and National Rent a Car counters are located across from Baggage Claim Area F & G.

We usually use Alamo, Enterprise or a shuttle.

Avis, Advantage, Budget, Hertz and National Rent a Car counters are located across from Baggage Claim Area F & G.

We usually use Alamo, Enterprise or a shuttle.
Since Alamo is off site is it complicated retuning the car?

The alamo place is within a mile, right as you exit the airport on Nimitz. And the airport isn't that large, so it's just super easy. You could walk over there.

It wasn't bad at all, we never had to wait for a long time for the shuttle to pick us up.

We reserved with Avis for our upcoming trip. From what I've researched, the counter is at the airport but we would still have to walk or take a shuttle to pick up our car up. Can anyone who has reserved from one of the onsite car companies confirm?

For what it's worth, I DID have a headache with Alamo's location. We went in June, perhaps busier than other times. The shuttle was jam-packed and I had to leave the rest of the family at the airport with the luggage as a result. The center was insanely busy with a line out the door. The Kiosks don't properly read the DL from my state (An Alamo rep elsewhere once told me to skip the lines and go to the Service Desk since that is a known problem with my state, but I did not, felt wrong given how crowded it was) and the regular line took 30 minutes. Waited a bit more for my car. Then, traffic back to the airport was slow-going too.
---
On the return, it was easier. The bus arrived in 10 minutes. Traffic still slow at the terminals. United, ours, is the last.
---
I use Alamo everywhere else, but I made a note to myself to try one of the onsite companies next time. My experience may have been an outlier.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

For what it's worth, I DID have a headache with Alamo's location. We went in June, perhaps busier than other times. The shuttle was jam-packed and I had to leave the rest of the family at the airport with the luggage as a result. The center was insanely busy with a line out the door. The Kiosks don't properly read the DL from my state (An Alamo rep elsewhere once told me to skip the lines and go to the Service Desk since that is a known problem with my state, but I did not, felt wrong given how crowded it was) and the regular line took 30 minutes. Waited a bit more for my car. Then, traffic back to the airport was slow-going too.
---
On the return, it was easier. The bus arrived in 10 minutes. Traffic still slow at the terminals. United, ours, is the last.
---
I use Alamo everywhere else, but I made a note to myself to try one of the onsite companies next time. My experience may have been an outlier.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

I had a similar experience on my return to Alamo. See my trip report for details. I think I would choose an onsite company next time if the prices were similar.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ma...imer-trip-report.3522920/page-3#post-56489511

I had a similar experience on my return to Alamo. See my trip report for details. I think I would choose an onsite company next time if the prices were similar.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ma...imer-trip-report.3522920/page-3#post-56489511

Now THAT was a great trip report!! When my kids get a bit bigger we'll try that private catamaran thing you did. Wow. We did do Climbworks with our lightweight daughters and it seemed like we had some of the same guides. It was a blast. I know I should've responded on the other thread but it's a free promo this way.

Now THAT was a great trip report!! When my kids get a bit bigger we'll try that private catamaran thing you did. Wow. We did do Climbworks with our lightweight daughters and it seemed like we had some of the same guides. It was a blast. I know I should've responded on the other thread but it's a free promo this way.

Thanks so much for your kind words! So many on these boards helped me tremendously when I was planning our trip, so I wanted to contribute back to the discussion for others.

PS you will LOVE that sailing trip! Do it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter