Which reservation for California Grill?

CherylCT

Earning My Ears
It has been a very long time since we've been and I remember basically nothing about it. Right now we have two reservations next week: one at 6:45 and one at 9:00. I believe the fireworks that night begin at 8:45. Do you view the fireworks right from your table? Which of these two times do you think would be better. How is the pacing of dinner? Do they kind of move you along so others can get in for the fireworks?

Sorry for so many questions but thank you in advance!

It has been a very long time since we've been and I remember basically nothing about it. Right now we have two reservations next week: one at 6:45 and one at 9:00. I believe the fireworks that night begin at 8:45. Do you view the fireworks right from your table? Which of these two times do you think would be better. How is the pacing of dinner? Do they kind of move you along so others can get in for the fireworks?

Most tables have little to no view. Unless you hit the jackpot and get one of the few with a view, I would plan to go outside on the platform and watch from there. It really is much better outside.

I haven't been since the new menu so can't say about the pacing other than I'm sure they will still pause your meal if the fireworks start while you are still eating. Someone should pop in and let you know how it was handled more recently with pacing/seating.

There is a viewing area outside the restaurant that you go to watch the fireworks. The pace is pretty leisure for dining. They don’t really bring the next course until everyone is done with the previous one. I would go for 6:45 pm and then go out for the fireworks.

Pacing is kind of up to you. Specifically if you have fireworks in the middle of the meal I’ve been asked if we want to entree or if we’d prefer to wait until after the fireworks.

The staff are very good about pacing the meal around fireworks. I would go with the 6:45. Agree most tables do not have a view. The better viewing is on the balcony. I prefer the one to the left of the restaurant, further from the park. While the angle is still wrong, its much better than the balcony closest to the park.

Also agree with the 6:45 and viewing fireworks on the balcony. We watched fireworks from our window table and couldn't even see them that well because of the lights inside the restaurant reflecting on the glass.

I’d do the 9 pm. Get there early to get a drink and go out on the balcony to see the fireworks. Thst late, you will probably get a table as soon as yiu arrive. But sitting at the bar and watching the kitchen staff is fun.

For fireworks viewing, aim for the later slot at 9:00. You might catch a glimpse from your table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter