Which Resort?

dolewhipandpixiedust

Mouseketeer
So we currently have Animal a kingdom Lodge booked for our Honeymoon next May. We could stay at the Contemporary for $50/night more or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for about the same as AKL. My question is which would you choose and why?

I like all three.....tough to choose! I would perhaps consider a split stay, but you probably don’t want to do that on this very special trip! :flower:I think I would probably decide based on location and the CR and WL are great locations, with an edge to the CR. But you truly can’t go wrong with any of those choices.

I would go with either CR or AKL (I like WL but not as much as the other 2)
I like CR for location, monorail and ability to walk to MK. AKL feels more romantic for a honeymoon though

I like all three.....tough to choose! I would perhaps consider a split stay, but you probably don’t want to do that on this very special trip! :flower:I think I would probably decide based on location and the CR and WL are great locations, with an edge to the CR. But you truly can’t go wrong with any of those choices.
Yea I don’t want to deal with a split stay lol. CR right now has an edge but the drawback from my fiancé (who’s never been) is that it’s $50 more a night. I also really love the animal which is what makes this hard!

I would go with either CR or AKL (I like WL but not as much as the other 2)
I like CR for location, monorail and ability to walk to MK. AKL feels more romantic for a honeymoon though
That’s sorta why we had picked it first. I let my fiancé choose from a couple resorts I knew we could afford. This is such a hard choice!

So we currently have Animal a kingdom Lodge booked for our Honeymoon next May. We could stay at the Contemporary for $50/night more or we could stay at Wilderness Lodge for about the same as AKL. My question is which would you choose and why?
I would stay at AKL for a honeymoon. It's the least hectic of the three. The rooms are nicer than the rooms at WL. And CR has nice rooms, but the public areas are busy & loud.

AKL offers the use of two feature pools to all guests: the one at Jambo and the one at Kidani. So you can get some variety when you go swimming. The animals are very nice, the Mara is a pleasant quick-service, and the whole resort has a more peaceful & mature vibe than the other two resorts. The bus transportation from AKL is efficient.

I advise against a split stay for a honeymoon, which you won't want to spend repeatedly packing & unpacking. Let yourselves settle into one resort and cherish that as a special honeymoon memory.

I think AKL is like a getaway in and of itself. I'd definitely stay there for a special occasion. While the location of CR is nice, it lacks character for me.

I would stay at AKL for a honeymoon. It's the least hectic of the three. The rooms are nicer than the rooms at WL. And CR has nice rooms, but the public areas are busy & loud.

AKL offers the use of two feature pools to all guests: the one at Jambo and the one at Kidani. So you can get some variety when you go swimming. The animals are very nice, the Mara is a pleasant quick-service, and the whole resort has a more peaceful & mature vibe than the other two resorts. The bus transportation from AKL is efficient.

I advise against a split stay for a honeymoon, which you won't want to spend repeatedly packing & unpacking. Let yourselves settle into one resort and cherish that as a special honeymoon memory.
No split stays for me!! Not this time at least. After dealing with the wedding I won’t have the energy to pack and unpack more than once! My only fear is being so far from everything especially knowing that I have so many Magic Kingdom planned
I think AKL is like a getaway in and of itself. I'd definitely stay there for a special occasion. While the location of CR is nice, it lacks character for me.
That’s how I feel about CR as well. It’s seems like a regular hotel compared to some. I’m thinking that it’s gonna come down to AKL and WL

While CR is very nice, it is really hard to beat AK. Check out some of hte videos on the internet that show both resorts. For a honeymoon, Id pick Ak hands down all day long.....beautiful and unique decor, authentic African art, animals on site, three wonderful restaurants, 2 pools [both MUCH nicer than the pools at CR, and just a unique and exotic feel that you dont get anywhere else. We are DVC / Disney vacation Club members and we can stay at a variety of resorts from CR, Boardwalk , Beach Club and AK.....and AK is always my very first choice!

While CR is very nice, it is really hard to beat AK. Check out some of hte videos on the internet that show both resorts. For a honeymoon, Id pick Ak hands down all day long.....beautiful and unique decor, authentic African art, animals on site, three wonderful restaurants, 2 pools [both MUCH nicer than the pools at CR, and just a unique and exotic feel that you dont get anywhere else. We are DVC / Disney vacation Club members and we can stay at a variety of resorts from CR, Boardwalk , Beach Club and AK.....and AK is always my very first choice!
I think that’s where I’m leaning. AKL is awesome from what I’ve seen/remember. Now if Beach Club or Yacht Club get in out budget then it’s a no brainer!

I agree! :)

My only fear is being so far from everything especially knowing that I have so many Magic Kingdom planned

In our 2 AKL stays and many visits to eat at Boma, we have never found AKL to be too far from everything. It is out away from a lot of hustle and bustle, but IMO it's not so far out that it would deter me from staying there again. In our experiences, it's taken maybe 5-7 extra minutes to get around compared to other resorts. The buses only service AKL and Kidani, so there's no sharing with any other resort(s). In all honesty, I like that AKL is sort of isolated because it has a quiet/peaceful atmosphere, which makes for a relaxing/romantic trip :cloud9:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter