Which rides should I avoid?

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
So I am not a big roller coaster fan... I do fin eon the Big Thunder Mountain at Disney but that is about the most I can do...I don't plan on doing any of the big coasters at IOA, but are there any other rides that may not be good for the non-thrill seeking individual?

How do you do with simulators? Star Tours style. There are a lot of simulators that move you around on a track and swing you around some - Spiderman, Transformers, and Forbidden Journey are all this style ride but aren't coasters.

Most of the coasters are obvious. Mummy is an indoor coaster. Escape from Gringotts has one drop at the beginning, but then it moves to a simulator type ride.

You might want to watch some videos on YouTube to get an idea of what the rides are like.

How do you do with simulators? Star Tours style. There are a lot of simulators that move you around on a track and swing you around some - Spiderman, Transformers, and Forbidden Journey are all this style ride but aren't coasters.

Most of the coasters are obvious. Mummy is an indoor coaster. Escape from Gringotts has one drop at the beginning, but then it moves to a simulator type ride.

You might want to watch some videos on YouTube to get an idea of what the rides are like.

I do fine on start tours, so I think I should be fine on most of the simulator rides...

Is the mummy roller coaster bad? Since it is indoors, I figured it can't be too bad... I plan on doing ht Escape from Gringotts because I love HP:) So hopefully the drop won't be too bad:)

It's hard to say. I'd try everything! It's way too hard to firmly say which rides won't work and you could miss out on a gem. I was good on almost all simulators but Simpsons and Minions. Dh had trouble with Forbidden Journey. I'm glad I tried all of them.

Mummy is an intense coaster with a fast, stomach flipping drop. DH is fine on BTM etc, but would hate it.

I'd say try it once - if you don't like it you don't have to ride again.

Forbidden journey is also intense. At one point you feel upside down (but you're not) - it's disorienting and makes me feel quite motion sick.

I think gringotts would be fine. The height requirement is low enough for small children to ride.

I'm not a huge coaster fan either, but you should do fine with Gringott's, one little drop at the start, the rest is easier with screens. The Mummy has one brief period of going down and backwards, then a fast launch up a hill followed by a good drop, then two other decent drops. The first time I rode it I was petrified because, being a dark ride, I had no idea what was coming. It's smoother than Space Mountain, and more intense to my mind. I don't do loops, so I haven't done Hulk or the Aerosmith coaster. The Mummy now is basically my favorite ride and I ride it multiple times every trip.

If you're ok with BTMRR then I'd say I'd jsut avoid Hulk and Dueling Dragons. All the others are more family style. Mummy doesn't ahve any big drops on it, is more twists and turns. Gringott's is more of a simulator/dark ride than a true roller coaster but is a mix of the three. Rip, Ride, Rockit is a bit bigger so I'd leave it up to your personal thoguhts there but it isn't neaerly as intense or bad as it looks. PRetty much hits a brake section after every element so never really builds up too much speed, but is a bit bigger too.

I don't do rollercoasters at all but I was fine with Gringotts. I did Forbidden Journey once because I'm a big Harry Potter fan but I was terrified and disoriented and won't ever do that again! I have to admit I've been too wimpy to try Mummy. I sometimes get a little woozy on the Simpsons Ride but not every time.

Some coaster I do fine on

At the motherland only coaster type ride, btmrr is too hard on my lower back/hip
Going solo, I get tossed around too much and sometimes get tremendous back ache on that ride
If you experience the same thing, you might want to avoid certain rows on the RRride
Certain rows will give you more movement and jar your back

And possibly the Mummy might jar you on the first dip of the ride

Potter rides seem very smooth for me

gringotts and mummy are more dark ride than coaster--they do go fast but none of them have inversions (loops) or anything like that. gringotts is definitely doable if you're okay on thunder mountain, but the mummy can rattle you around a bit. it's somewhere in between thunder mountain and space mountain in terms of how jarring/intense it is. most of the scariness on both of those rides comes from the show scenes though, so give them a shot!

the big coasters at universal are rip ride rockit on the USF side and the hulk and dragon challenge (which is closing in about two weeks) on the IoA side, so be aware of that. flight of the hippogriff is in the same area as dragon challenge, but it's a much less intense coaster comparable to the barnstormer. some of the simulators can feel like a realistic coaster; the star tours-type ones are the simpsons, minions, shrek, and fallon. simpsons is actually a lot more intense than star tours, i feel... there are also tracked simulators that spin around and move on a flat surface, like the vehicles in toy story midway mania--that'd be transformers and spider man. forbidden journey uses a unique bench attached to an arm on a track that makes you feel like you're "flying"--it does lean you back heavily at one point, and people with motion sickness tend to have a bad time on it. if you're not sure, skip it

with that in mind i hope you try out some new rides and have fun!

BTMRR is my biggest coaster at Disney too. My family makes fun of me because I hate big drops But I do really enjoy simulators. BTMRR is slow enough it works.

At Universal, I was okay on both Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. The first time I did the Mummy I hated it, the second time was okay--but this is still my absolute "peak" coaster in the park. The good thing about this one is that it's pretty short in general and the big/rough drops are just one section of it.

I avoid Dr Doom, Rip Rocket, Hulk, & Dualing Dragons.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!