Which Ship- Its a big Question?

Sparkie

DIS Veteran
We cruised RC for the first time May 2018 on Allure. We had a great time and the school age kids loved all the activities. The main dining room food and service for us was sub par but i have read other cruisers had great food and service. Next time I will book the specialty dining. The kids loved the pools, ice skating, rock climbing, ping pong, mini golf, the diving show and the movie night. The younger one went to the kids club twice but the older one wouldnt go. I think if they had been in the same age category and could have gone together they would have enjoyed it more.

So.... Now we are looking into another RC cruise. With kids in the 8-10 yo age group, what is your favorite ship/destination?

We were on Allure when our kids were 10 and 6 years. We all loved it! For our next big trip we went for Symphony (booked for March coming up). It's similar strle (boardwalk, central park, aqua and ice shows, Broadway show etc) and also has waterslides and Abyss. We also booked 4 day Mariner which just got refurbished. And for year following our Symphony holiday we book Anthem for something different. It depends what is important to your family.

As for destination, any Caribbean with nice beach is good. It's more about the ship to us than the destination.

For us it is more about the destination than the ship itself, but I think the Freedom class and above are great for kids since they have a lot of activities. Our next cruise is on Quantum class, it will be the first time on that type for us. We will be on Ovation. We have sailed Oasis class yet, but hope to soon. We sailed on Liberty several years ago and loved her!

Quantum class. We loved Anthem.
Denise
Glad to hear it! We are really looking forward to Ovation.

Do you notice a difference on the bigger ships as far as waiting for things and the huge crowds?

Sailed on the Anthem earlier this month, first time on RCCL after 5 cruises on Disney ships. We were a little wary at first but were pleasantly surprised. Both lines have their pros and cons but 2 things will have us do RCCL again. The price of course. And to my surprise the food and food service was superior to DCL. We are not swearing off DCL for good but they now have a strong competitor for my time and money.

Sailed on the Anthem earlier this month, first time on RCCL after 5 cruises on Disney ships. We were a little wary at first but were pleasantly surprised. Both lines have their pros and cons but 2 things will have us do RCCL again. The price of course. And to my surprise the food and food service was superior to DCL. We are not swearing off DCL for good but they now have a strong competitor for my time and money.
Thank you so much for posting this, we’ve done 6 Disney and 3 Carnival cruises and loved all of them. We’ll be on Anthem 6/6/19, I’m really looking forward to it but am a little nervous because it’s new. The ship looks so amazing and we have great rooms booked so I figure if nothing else, we’ll hang out in our suite and order room service!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!