Which sites in loop 100 back up to walkway?

Mary2e

DIS Veteran
We have a preferred site reserved and a 40" 5th wheel rented, of which we notified Disney. I used the fort fiends app to see which are the larger sites within each loop, and there are several really long ones in the 100 loop - BUT, I can't tell which back up to the walkway to the marina that are near the 2 cabins in that loop. We do not want to be in one of those. They are too public, and we will have our small dog with us. We plan on being outdoors as much as possible. If we have one of those, he will bark at anyone walking by.

I'd like to call and indicate which ones I *don't* want :) Actually, I already noted I wanted a quiet site, but my concern is they will put us in one of the larger sites in 100.

Thank you very much.

Those that back up to the walkway are (starting from the end down by the lake):

116, cabin, cabin, 123, 124, 126. 127 is on the corner entering the loop and backs up against the main road (Big Pine Trail) which has a sidewalk so add it to your list.

114 faces the walkway out of 100 loop (it is between 114 and 116) that walks down to the Settlement Trading post and boat dock so you probably should add that one to your list as well.

IMO 200 loop is right next to it and might be a better choice than 100 with no trails if they have lengthy ones to accommodate you. The extra distance from 200 to 100 is insignificant.

Bama Ed

PS - having stayed in three of these sites, there is some distance and brush/palmetto bushes between the walkway and sites. But 127 (in the rear) and 126 (along the side) with the Big Pine sidewalk would be more disturbing (closer, more visual) than the rest I mentioned. and 126 is VERY long for a 100 loop site.

Last edited:
Aww, I want to see video of that 40 Footer getting in to the 100 loop. I would be impressed, and I have driven a bus in and out of NYC, both the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels.
Enjoy the trip, loop 100 is nice, we liked it there when we stayed in it.

It’s not our problem. The guy we rented it will be putting it there. .

I think I’m going to request the 200 loop.

Yeah, 100 loop can get pretty hairy for the long rigs.

Down at the far end of the loop (think an oval like a 400 meter track) there is a left 180 degree turn that makes me pucker up when I pull through with my Suburban and popup. And that's just me. When I think of you, PaHunter, with your truck and huge 5er or TeamUbr with his pickup and Yuge 5er, it can be tough to make that turn if cars are up close to the road (much like the 300 loop but that's more a problem backing in). I say the less stress on vacation the better.

100 loop has some notoriously small/short sites on that far end (interrior and exterior sites both). Although Mary has hired professionals who can probably thread a needle when backing in a 40 footer onto a 30 foot site, I think going to 200 loop is a win-win for her with her with her pet needs and the vendor who won't worry about delivering the product.

Small is beautiful (and versatile, Chris)....

Bama Ed

Here are some pix to relate to for those reading (other than Mary).

This was the view off the back of site 126. See the pink shirt on the golf cart "way out there"?. The parallel walking path is nearer but obviously doesn't get as much action.

Did I say the site was long?

Here is the view of site 116 with the walking path in-between us from the golf cart path:

Here is the walking path out of the far end of loop 100 towards the Settlement Trading Post and docks. Site 116 of mine was on the left of the sidwalk (it has its back to the footpath). Site 114 is to the right of the sidewalk/footpath. A trailer's side door faces this walkway.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter