Which timeshare resort at Marriot World center?

SoonipiLady

DIS Veteran
We are staying in Orlando area for 10 days in September. We will be Spending 4 nights on property, a few nights at the beach and the rest we’ll be using a timeshare. We really want to relax and enjoy magical dining month on our Orlando days. I work for Marriot and everyone raves about the property, but I have no idea which complex is better. We want a condo for our entire stay so that we can have guests (meaning adult kids) come along without them swooping in on our Disney room. We have a timeshare to trade, so they’ll all cost us about the same (I think Imperial palms will cost us $59 “upgrade” fee due to it being 3 bedrooms only). Those “condo days” will literally be hanging out by the pools relaxing, going out to eat and maybe a round or two of golf. Appreciate and suggestions/assistance. We most likely will not have a car.

We stayed at the Royal Palms one in 2016 (we did have a car). It was a 2 bedroom. The until was clean and convenient. We were on the 4th floor and could see partial 9pm fireworks (Epcot?) from our balcony. There was some obstruction from nearby trees but it was a really nice treat anyway.
I do remember thinking trash cans outside needed to be emptied more regularly. There was a stray cat hanging around the trash barrel outside our building all week. The pool at the condo clubhouse was basic but the shuttle was super convenient and we never had to wait long to get to and from the amazing pools at the main hotel (Orlando World Center). Staff was very nice. I haven't stayed at the other ones for comparison but I did find this dis-post from a few years ago that you may find helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/royal-palms-vs-sabal-palms.2544677/

We stayed at the Royal Palms one in 2016 (we did have a car). It was a 2 bedroom. The until was clean and convenient. We were on the 4th floor and could see partial 9pm fireworks (Epcot?) from our balcony. There was some obstruction from nearby trees but it was a really nice treat anyway.
I do remember thinking trash cans outside needed to be emptied more regularly. There was a stray cat hanging around the trash barrel outside our building all week. The pool at the condo clubhouse was basic but the shuttle was super convenient and we never had to wait long to get to and from the amazing pools at the main hotel (Orlando World Center). Staff was very nice. I haven't stayed at the other ones for comparison but I did find this dis-post from a few years ago that you may find helpful: https://www.disboards.com/threads/royal-palms-vs-sabal-palms.2544677/
Thanks so much! I was figuring that they are all about the same, but wanted to be sure I wasn’t picking poorly!

We stayed at the Sabal Palms several times and really liked it. It is further from the entrance and sits by itself. The Royal and Imperial are closer to the entrance and are next to each other. I believe they share a pool. ??? The Sabal has it's own pool and small clubhouse with a gym. The walk to the World pool is shorter than from Royal and Imperial and cuts through the back parking lot area toward the World Center. We found the Sabal pool really quiet and there were a lot of times we had it to ourselves or with one or two other families. There's no restaurant or bar at the Sabal, and they also don't do many activities. You would have to shuttle to the Imperal and Royal.

The Sabal buildings are only two stories high and each top floor has it's own staircase to the door. There are no elevators. The master bedroom has a circular glass block shower, double sink and door to the patio. The second bedroom has one double bed and one single bed, which is an unusual configuration, so if you book it be aware that one bed is a single. There's also a pull out sofa in the living room so it technically sleeps 7 total.

Have stayed at all over the years except Lakeshore reserve. Our personal favorite is Cypress Harbour- 2 “main” pools although the one by check in has the activities, the one across the lake has hot tubs and a seasonal pool bar. Free mini golf. Lots of activities in kids clubhouse. 2 real beds in second bedroom.
Harbour lake has good units as well, but layout is smaller. Pools do have a theme with a kids pirate pool but also a really lovely resort (these resorts are so are literally across the street from each other).
grande vista was nice as well and main pool is fantastic, the kids pool is in separate area, which is nice. But I didn’t care for the layout of the resort nor unit as much as the others (just personal preference).

the palms resorts are nice,and have access to world center pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter