Which to pay OOP?

connie254

Disney fanatic
I know it may vary depending upon what we order but we will probably will choose one of the more expensive items t get the most bang for our buck. But which ones more than likely should we pay OOP? Two adults, 6 nights.

O'Hana dinner
Via Napoli dinner
Akershus breakfast
Chef Mickey dinner
Boma dinner
Plaza lunch(this one I know will be OOP)
Crystal Palace dinner
Boatwright dinner
Liberty Tree tavern lunch

Via Napoli

That way you can order as much or as little as you want. On the dining plan each person will have to order one individual entree and dessert. The larger pizzas aren't covered by dining plan either. My husband didn't even want dessert when we were there and it took a half hour for a manager to approve 'no dessert'.

I would probably do Via Napoli OOP, but that's because we like the pizza and we could easily share a small pizza, the salad, and a dessert. That makes the meal very affordable.

But if that's not your plan for Via, then I'd probably do one person DDP and one person OOP at both Boatwright and Liberty Tree. One person would still get alcohol and you can share dessert.

We find Liberty Tree Tavern to be a good OOP for lunch for us.
Also think OOP dollars could go far at Via Napoli if you split pizza and salad.
When deciding between OOP & DP, I like to look at allears menus. Estimate what types of things we might order & add up approximate totals. The AYCTE (like Ohana) places are usually more expensive OOP because you cannot split anything.

Any reservation that is for a QS restaurant is generally a good option for OOP as a rule of thumb, followed by 1 credit TS and 2 credit TS.
Choose what you think you'll be eating at each restaurant, do the math, and you'll be fine.
Agreeing with pp that VN pays strict attention to the rules thus it's doubly important to have an idea what you want to order in advance.

Agree with above, pay for OOP for Via Napoli.

The pizza's are huge. DH and I could split one and be very happy.

Agree with above, pay for OOP for Via Napoli.

The pizza's are huge. DH and I could split one and be very happy.

So you all are saying at Via Napoli, if you pay OOP , you can share even a small pizza and no problems? My son is an eater, but I am not as much. So I could get a salad and have 1 slice of his pizza, then he would want dessert, but not me, although I will get a drink, and they will do this no prob if OOP?

So you all are saying at Via Napoli, if you pay OOP , you can share even a small pizza and no problems? My son is an eater, but I am not as much. So I could get a salad and have 1 slice of his pizza, then he would want dessert, but not me, although I will get a drink, and they will do this no prob if OOP?
Correct. When you pay OOP, there are no restrictions.

The other meal I would pay out of pocket is Boatwright.

Just one note about the salad. They do have a couple entree type salads, but they also have the house salad that's sort of like the salad Olive Garden brings to the table for everyone to share. Problem with that one for you is they have a minimum of two people ordering the salad, so if that's the one you want, you'll have to order and pay for two even if your son doesn't eat any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter