Which Universal park is best for kids under 4?

dutton

Mouseketeer
We are going one day to either Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure, and I am trying to choose between the two. We also have an 9 & 7 yr old and they are interested in both. But, I have a 3 and 2 yr old who loved disney in December and we need to go to the park that will have the most for them. Neither is a die hard Barney fan, so that is not a factor. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Under 4. I would probably say Universal Studios, but IOA has some great things as well.
There is Barney at Universal, but also Suess Land at IOA. (The Cat in the Hat ride is great!) The Jurassic park discovery center is cool for the younger set as well.
There is also wonderful cartoon characters, ME ship the Olive, Popeye and all that at IOA.
Universal has ET, and Woody Woodpecker coaster, as well as the Hannah Barbara ride.

Really, what is the rest of the party like? Do they like coasters? or more "sedate" rides? Are they big thrill seekers? In IOA, The older kids willl love Spider Man, Hulk and the Jurassic Park ride. If you have a tallish 4 year old they can enjoy those rides as well. (I think the requirement is 42 inches) Storm Force is a cool teacup type ride for all ages

I went last year and enjoyed both parks. WE are visiting again in August, and will take our 4 and 7 year old to both parks.

My 7 year old is more interested in IOA if that means anything.

Feel free to check out the Universal Board for much more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter