While we are on the stroller discussion

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
I need some help. Right now I have a big coach rider stroller for my 1yo DD. We would like to get an umbrella stroller. I don't anything about them or which one to get. Which one would be best for our trip to Disney? Are there ones that recline? The ones that don't recline are they comfortable enough for her to sleep? Since this is the "families board" I am hoping some of you moms and dads can help me pick the right one. Oh, and of course, we don't want to spend a ton of money!

Thanks!
Melissa

I've used a cheapo umbrella stroller at WDW with my 4 month old DD. While I would probably recommend a reclining stroller for kids under 1, I think you'll be OK with a regular one. My daughter will sleep anywhere when she gets sleepy enough :). I got a nice Kolcraft stroller from Toys-R-Us for about $25. Spend the extra $5 for the mesh stroller bag that attaches on the back.

I think I spent about $30 at Toys R Us for a Kolcraft. It doesn't recline but it has a canopy and a storage basket which were the two "must have" features I wanted. It was really light to use and worked great. You want something that can fold up quickly and easily so you can get on/off buses or trams with.

I agree with melk on the canopy, make sure it has one. Also, either the bag to hang on the back or a basket underneath are very handy. We used a Graco LiteRider, which is kind of between the coachrider and the umbrella stroller, it worked nicely for our then 14mo old, and wasn't too bulky for us. You can spend anywhere from $10 on up to hundreds on the stroller, if just getting it basically to use at Disney I think one that fits the previous descriptions would be just fine. It would be best if you could take your little one with you to the store to 'test drive' them to find one that isn't too low or too hard to steer.

We used a Kolcraft with my DS (age4). He doesn't take naps anymore, but passed out in his umbrells astroller at MK!!! this was unbelievable, since he was never the type to just fall asleep anywhere. Don't worry about the stroller . I would get one of those Graco literider ones that run about ($50-70) and not even use the big one anymore!

We've had good luck with Graco Literiders too, we're still using a Graco Duorider Something or other. After many miles and hauling about 80 lbs. of kids (Dd is 5, ds is a very big 2) it squeaks and groans, but it gets us all around, folds easily and *can* be managed on the busses.

Back to the original question - we like the Literider because it does recline, has a decent size basket and a canopy. And be sure to "practice" putting any stroller up and down in the store before you buy, you'll want one you can deal with quickly while at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter