Whispering Canyon Cafe

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We have decided to try WCC for the first time on our Christmas trip. We have been avoiding it, because of the reported antics. We'd prefer to be left alone to enjoy our meal. Is there anything we can do to attract as little attention as possible? Thanks for the info. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm planning on going to WCC as well when I'm there. I'm going solo and I'm a laid back kinda guy but I enjoy people watching.

Anyway, from what I recall reading several months ago that there is a "quiet area" where guests do not need to interact.

I'm planning on asking for that section if I go.

If you call the dining line maybe they know for sure.

When we were there it was very quiet. 8:30 pm on a Friday, nothing much happened. We did wonder why some people had their napkins on their heads. They were really messing up on orders that night and the food wasn't great. Must have been an off night, but I would not want to go back.

I dined here solo for the first time last trip and enjoyed it. Thought the food was great. I too was not interested in the antics and requested a table way off to the back of the restaurant and requested that my server be told that I was not interested in participating in these antics. I also had a book with me. My server was great. She was very respectful of my wishes, I had great service and was very pleased. There is a section just off the main restaurant that has a very table there and is pretty quiet. It's located next to the kiosk for DVC & the Pin cart. When I went for lunch, that area was closed off, but saw it open for dinner several times. I'd request a table back there.

I did not realize there was an antic free zone! We were starved & just wanted to eat but our waiter was the head of shenanigans so we had to wait for horse races, etc. I swear the people who looked the most like they wanted peace and quiet were the ones who the staff pestered the most!! I will go back again but only when we are in the right kind of mood!

Thanks for posting this question! I have one of my own...we are 7 of us traveling at Thanksgiving (dh, 2 ds, MIL, FIL, SIL) and my family would not be interested in being the center of attention, either. Only reason we are going is my 8 year old ds loves ribs and bbq chicken and in making all the PS for the entire week, I was trying to find at least 1 restaurant per person that everyone would love..so anyway, since I already made a PS for our group, do I need to call again ahead of time to ask for a "quiet area" or can I hope to get one when we show up for dinner?

blueswoman, looking forward to Disney in about 6 weeks!!!

We actually sat in the "quiet section" although with a 6 yr old and a 9 yr old we would have preferred the "fun section". We were there on a Sunday evening around 7 pm at the end of August. There were around 8 tables in this section and only 3 of them were occupied. The "fun section" was completely packed.
Food was really good and despite the lack of antics (which my family was not aware of anyways) it was a great dinner. I would just request a seat in this area if it is open.

The "quiet" section off the back near the pin cart and DVC desk is called the library. It is open most nights when busy but not all nights. Another option would be back near the fireplace or along the rails. Let the server know you are not interested in the craziness and maybe try to dine when the restaurant first opens at 5pm or later in the evening after the crowds have left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter