• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon - dinner 8/16

sistertrip

DIS Veteran
Even though we only tried the Skillet and dessert, we really enjoyed our meal at Whispering Canyon.

Our server was just right for us: throwing things at us and joking around but didn't really pick on us.

I can't remember everything that came with the skillet, but we pretty much enjoyed everything.

The salad that they start with is really good, but my favorite "starter" is the cornbread. It's not really anything special, but for some reason I love cornbread. (I think I just smelled it just thinking of it.)

We asked for the skillet without sausage, so no opinion on that. The chicken was excellent - the seasoning was just right. The ribs were better than most; the rest of my party really enjoyed them, but I only tried one.(Unfortunately, I went to Charleston, SC for the first time ever this summer and had ribs at a place called Sticky Fingers, which were so good that they ruined other ribs for me forever, I think.) Mashed potatoes were really good, but then again, they're kind of hard to mess up. So, that's everything I remember from the skillet.

Dessert!! Yummmm..... My sister got the s'mores cheesecake, which was good as far as cheesecake goes, but I personally can only handle so much cheesecake. My mom, aunt & I got the Cinnamon Tortilla with Vanilla Ice Cream. The name does NOT do it justice. The Cinnamon Tortilla is kind of flower shaped (and HUGE), with a big scoop of ice cream in the middle. Then it's covered with a banana-caramel sauce and sliced banana. It was to die for, and I'm not even a big fan of bananas.

If I had to guess, I would say that we will be back to Whispering Canyon in the future.

Great review.

I assume the Banana thing you had for dessert used to be called the Dust Bowl at one time. I think they changed the name of it last year since "Dust Bowl" does not sound that appealing for dessert.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the thumbs-up! We have ADRs for a dinner there during our trip so it was nice to hear a good report! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter