Whispering Canyon lunch review

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Four of us were at WDW for one day last week, so I booked a lunch ADR at Whispering Cayon so we could roam around Wilderness Lodge. We arrived around 12pm for our 12:20 lunch reservation and were seated almost immediately. We were among the first reservations after the breakfast switch over, it seemed. Shortly after we arrived, a tour group with the Backstage Magic tour came in so it's evidently their lunch spot.

DH and my dad had the platter, while my mom and I got the pulled pork sandwiches. All of it was very good. Our server brought out extra corn bread for my mom and I. We did not see many of the antics that go on there during lunch time, but there also happened to be few kids in the restaurant at the time which may have had something to do with it.

Overall, lunch was a good and relatively quiet experience so it might be a good option for someone interested in trying it, but skeptical about the busier times or the antics.

Four of us were at WDW for one day last week, so I booked a lunch ADR at Whispering Cayon so we could roam around Wilderness Lodge. We arrived around 12pm for our 12:20 lunch reservation and were seated almost immediately. We were among the first reservations after the breakfast switch over, it seemed. Shortly after we arrived, a tour group with the Backstage Magic tour came in so it's evidently their lunch spot.

DH and my dad had the platter, while my mom and I got the pulled pork sandwiches. All of it was very good. Our server brought out extra corn bread for my mom and I. We did not see many of the antics that go on there during lunch time, but there also happened to be few kids in the restaurant at the time which may have had something to do with it.

Overall, lunch was a good and relatively quiet experience so it might be a good option for someone interested in trying it, but skeptical about the busier times or the antics.
We tried WCC and hated it because of the 'antics'. I love the prime time diner when they poke fun at you but WCC was like the loudest most obnoxious torture you could find.

The server snuck up behind us and literally screamed in my mother's ear. Not in like a 'hey how ya doing?' way either. My mother was so startled and uncomfortable after that she just could not enjoy herself because the kitchen was directly behind her so she couldn't see the waitress coming.

Even when we turned our card to red our server said 'If you think that's going to stop me, you're wrong' and then she proceeded to throw our napkins we asked for in the air over our table and they flew everywhere. Then she told us to pick them up.

Now you may be thinking we were at a table of little kids she was putting on this show for?...Nope, we were 6 adults, 4 over the age of 60. After a full day in the park nobody was crawling around on our hands and knees under the table to pick up and use the napkins from the floor. The food did not make up for it. It sounds like lunch would have been better for us. I'd go back if it were quieter to try the pulled pork...how was it?

We tried WCC and hated it because of the 'antics'. I love the prime time diner when they poke fun at you but WCC was like the loudest most obnoxious torture you could find.

The server snuck up behind us and literally screamed in my mother's ear. Not in like a 'hey how ya doing?' way either. My mother was so startled and uncomfortable after that she just could not enjoy herself because the kitchen was directly behind her so she couldn't see the waitress coming.

Even when we turned our card to red our server said 'If you think that's going to stop me, you're wrong' and then she proceeded to throw our napkins we asked for in the air over our table and they flew everywhere. Then she told us to pick them up.

Now you may be thinking we were at a table of little kids she was putting on this show for?...Nope, we were 6 adults, 4 over the age of 60. After a full day in the park nobody was crawling around on our hands and knees under the table to pick up and use the napkins from the floor. The food did not make up for it. It sounds like lunch would have been better for us. I'd go back if it were quieter to try the pulled pork...how was it?

We stayed at Copper Creek and my dad would NOT deal well with this kind of stuff at all so I asked to be seated in a quiet spot and we were seated in "the library", which is it's own room open to the lobby way at the back. I wish I took a pic when I was there, but it was great. We got to eat a less expensive meal than a signature but without all of the nonsense.

To let you know what kind of diner my dad is, we had breakfast there the next morning and they sang happy birthday to someone and my dad looked like he swallowed a cockroach the whole time.

Definitely ask to be seated in "the library" if you want to be there for other reasons but don't want to engage in the antics.

Edited to add, here is a shot of it I found on the internet:

Wilderness-Lodge-Resort-Tour-with-Ranger-Jack-February-2013-24.jpg

it's open to the part of the lodge with the DVC desk and the caricature artist and pin trading area etc. It was nice, just dinner and no nonsense. We could hear how loud it was on the other side of the wall.

We stayed at Copper Creek and my dad would NOT deal well with this kind of stuff at all so I asked to be seated in a quiet spot and we were seated in "the library", which is it's own room open to the lobby way at the back. I wish I took a pic when I was there, but it was great. We got to eat a less expensive meal than a signature but without all of the nonsense.

To let you know what kind of diner my dad is, we had breakfast there the next morning and they sang happy birthday to someone and my dad looked like he swallowed a cockroach the whole time.

Definitely ask to be seated in "the library" if you want to be there for other reasons but don't want to engage in the antics.

it's open to the part of the lodge with the DVC desk and the caricature artist and pin trading area etc. It was nice, just dinner and no nonsense. We could hear how loud it was on the other side of the wall.
This is an incredibly useful tip! I wish I had known about this when we went!

This is an incredibly useful tip! I wish I had known about this when we went!
I didn't know about it either! I was severely on the fence about going there because frankly, my dad is a big grump. It was their travel day which is very grumpy making on top of it. I just asked for a "quiet corner" and explained pop pop was a big old grump when I checked in and they told us they were bringing us to the library. We had dinner right at 5pm when they opened so it wasn't loud when we walked through but it was a total free for all when we walked through leaving. My dad was like "wow, that was a good plan you had." I just felt like a dodged a damned bullet.

I wanted to do Artist Point but they open at 5:30 and I have heard service can take a while, we needed to be at the marina at 6:45 for our fireworks cruise so I thought timing was WAY too tight, but I knew it would be a quiet meal. I am glad it worked out because based on what I saw walking out, there is not enough booze in the world for me to have handled that meal with my dad at the table!

So great to know! Thanks!

LOL @Lisa F!

Is it called the Library because it has books somewhere? Or because you’re supposed to be quiet in there?
I think it is a theming thing because when I Googled it I found a lot of images that seem similar to the look and feel at other real lodges... I think that bookcase with glass doors all the way at the end had books in it but it was mostly like "a study off the main room" kind of a feel. People talked but no shenanigans

we are still trying to decide if we want to add a dinner here for April, we wont do well in the loud main area, we did it once before when my boys were small and younger son who has ASD refused to sit and stood at the table all through dinner, the screaming made him so jumpy we never returned. Fast forward about 14 years later and we are staying at BRV soon. Is this "library" a safe zone from the insanity? and is there anything besides the skillet anyone loves for dinner? Sorry to hijack this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts