Who else is excited about B&TB in IMAX?

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
Personally, I can't wait! I was totally blown away by Fantasia2K in large format, and I'll be at Muvico Pointe Orlando the first chance I get (maybe after a short nap following NYE at MK). I'm stoked for four reasons:
1) It's been a good long time since I've seen a re-release (I grew up in the last heyday of Disney re-releases, so it's nostalgic for me)
2) I love IMAX as a presentation format.
3) Added musical sequence and previously unreleased footage.
4) The CM discount (for F2K they gave us $2 bucks off and a free popcorn).
Add to these that the first time I read about it, I misunderstood "winter 2002" as "Thanksgiving-New Year's 2002", so it's coming a year earlier than I expected! Happy New Year!

I am definitely looking forward to this release. For me, the reasons are pretty equal between the format and just the chance to see one of the classics on the big screen at all. But the biggeest reason is the chance to take my son to see it.

I miss the re-releases and hope they come back.

...in the excitement. Just found out that it'll be playing in an IMAX theater close to home (in Charleston, SC)--which didn't happen with Fantasmic 2000 so I never got to see it on the huge screen.

Apparently, Disney has put together a curriculum for elementary and middle-school aged kids. In a few days, the IMAX theater is hosting a planning meeting for teachers who're interested in arranging a field trip for their students.

What a great way to start off the New Year.

Joe

We really had fun at Fantasia 2000. It will be great to see the film in the large format. Plus, it will give us a little Disney in the winter!

Jeff

Can't wait... we will be in Orlando when it is released... visiting WDW! Safari Steve, could you please PM me with directions to the IMAX theatre? I would greatly appreciate it!

Am I alone on this viewpoint. I saw Fantasia 2000 twice at the Imax in San Jose. I thought it was way to big and didn't help the presentation. The size of the images overwhelmed everything. I wished I had gone to see it on its second release in 35mm as a comparison. I don't think Imax is good for any longer presentation. It is great for shorter visual presentations. I don't care if it has a story or not. As you can tell I will not be going to see Beauty and the Beast at the Imax.

...I very much enjoyed Fantasia 2000 in IMAX, although the large format amplified some animation artifacts, particularly during the whales piece. You might have to be a geek to notice things like that, no one else in our party mentioned it.

I'm sure to go see BatB in IMAX, but I'll admit some trepidation. It will be a disappointment to me if the movie is basically just the old print "blown up" to IMAX size.

Jeff

I am looking forward to it.

I enjoyed Fantasia 2000 in IMAX.

The sequence "Human Again" is wonderful and does add to a small "void" in the movie.

I saw a preview of the sequence at an Animation Event at the Dsiney Institute this July!!!!

I can't wait for The Lion King to come out in IMAX if possible.

It will be a disappointment to me if the movie is basically just the old print "blown up" to IMAX size.
Not from what I've been reading. It seems that they're restoring all of the backgrounds & some of the animation so that BATB survives the transition to IMAX without the very problems you're dreading.

Sarangel

I’ve also heard there’s also a “giant screen” print of the film that will shown on IMAX-type screens but that won’t use the IMAX projection system. That will preserve more of the originals film’s aspect ratio and help with the difference in frame rates.

Okay, that’s just technical stuff to say the film will look better than the IMAX version but will be nearly as large.

AV, how are they deciding what print to show? and Where?

(I don't even know if Portland HAS an IMAX, Chi-Town had 3 plus an Omnimax.)

Just as an example, Chicago's Navy Pier IMAX used to show classic films at 11:00 Saturday nights. I know I've seen two, but the only one a remember is Raiders of the Lost Ark. (the other one was either a Bond, or Star Trek II) As near as I could figure, they just showed the panavision Film with a Panavision Lense on a Standard 35mm projector and put it on the screen. Looked incredible. A good Dolby Digital EX/THX theater has better sound in my opinion (for Landbaron I recommend the Marcus Cinema Addison, every other theater in chicago pales in comparison) But the visual effext was stunning. Plus after years of watching something on Video (or even DVD) you'd be amayzed how the the colors and subtle lighting jump out from the movie screen. (Television has less color and light available).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it if I can find a theater.

I would be but the closest IMAX theater that is showing it is in Chicago and I really don't feel like driving two hours to and 2 hours back for a 1 1/2 hour movie...no matter how great it is.

I am very excited about B&B on IMAX. If it's halfway as good as Fantasia, it will be wonderful. And to finally see "Human Again" animated will be great.

Jan 1st at the IMAX at the World Golf Village at St. Augustine, FL.

We'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie!!! I am soooo excited!!!!!!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter