Who has had their last day of FP+ cancelled due to making FP+ from 4pm-6:30pm with a MNSSHP ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the problem is people are always finding ways to circumvent the system. Their reasoning is if the system ALLOWS you to do it they're doing it

Absolutely. And with SDFP it really was taking advantage of a loophole and who does it harm, etc. But based on the reaction I was getting from some folks, I don't want to use the "e" word but it felt very close to that. Yes I realize that's how it was in the past and people could rationalize the rising price of the party tickets based on early entry and the 3 FP+ in that time. But now, as that goes away, can you still justify the price based solely on the offerings? People actually criticizing day guests for being irritated at there being 4 party nights per week in the Magic Kingdom. Sorry but both feelings have space. Anyway, I agree with your points for sure. I just want to know how it all works.

I get to make my fastpasses tomorrow so I expect my "placeholders" will be able to reserve FP just fine. I want to see how long they'll last. Because I have an AP I can't test the other part of it sadly. But I can see if they email me about having "too many fastpasses" on my placeholders. Based on the experiences here, I fully expect the system to notice it within 24-48 hours tops.

That's good, good luck!

That is true. I was referring to the last FP update that made it so the FP had to be associated to a ticket used for admission or the account would be flagged and locked. I haven't seen any first hand reports of that happening.

PM sent.

I think this one's a sticky one. Disney IS saying that SOME people can use party FPs. Everyone wants to be part of that group. Until it's no one, who's really to say you haven't "been chosen." Although having them deleted does kind of tell you you're not that someone... What a mess.

Yeah...no. :rotfl:

At the point you receive the email telling you that you don't have enough valid theme park admissions (not party tickets) to cover all your fast passes, that's it. To delete them and go back in and remake them is not cool in my opinion. You can't claim ignorance if you are reading this board. You can argue all you want that oh this cm said this and this cm said that, but come on. We know what's up.

In the end, I guess I don't care because this year it's not going to be my problem and I'm not going back for a few years after this trip. But I think next year may be a totally different story. :)

But all in all, I hope everyone has fantastic vacations!

This morning was my fastpass day, we are staying 9 nights, we have 6 day hoppers plus party tickets on the account tied to each person. I made my 6 days worth of passes (got FOP for my first choice woooohooo), then went to make for the party day and it would not allow as we have reached our max entitlements.

<Ignores all of the moral indignation>

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm one point?

When you tried to make FP+'s for your party day, did you already have FP+'s booked for that particular day?

Part of the problem is people are always finding ways to circumvent the system. Their reasoning is if the system ALLOWS you to do it they're doing it!

There's no way anyone legitimately BELIEVED that using old tickets or MBs to get extra FPs was what Disney intended. Nothing they say will convince me otherwise. The fact that Disney finally updated the system to stop the abuse proves that it wasn't their intention.

There's no way anyone legitimately BELIEVES booking a Disney campsite for one night and book offsite for the rest of their stay to get ten days worth of FPs is what Disney intended. Especially since they don't even STAY at the campsite for the one night. Disney hasn't been able to stop it, but that doesn't mean it's their intention. It's just harder for them to prevent it. (I'm not talking about genuine split stays.)

The attitude that "If Disney's system allows it, then we should do it," or "If Disney didn't want us to do it then they would make it so that the system doesn't allow it" doesn't cut it.

As for the party FPs, some people are aware each guest is only entitled to 3 advance FPs per day, no matter how many tickets they have each day. Some are creating separate MDE accounts to keep their party tickets separate, so they have 6 FPs per day. (I'm not talking about people who ONLY have party tickets.) The system seems to be allowing it. Doesn't make it right. Disney has clearly stated 3 advance FPs per person per day.

Now it seems that having only party tickets with FPs in MDE may go the route of not being eligible for FPs at all. (Since Disney is clearly stating only Theme Park Tickets are entitled to FPs.) Maybe if people weren't trying to secure 6 FPs for one day Disney would have let guests who TRULY only had party tickets that day still book advance FPs and use them. But once again, those trying to get around the TOS could possibly be ruining it for others. (Disney has definitely been making updates to the system to prevent FP abuse.)

I do realize that Disney HAS allowed FPs for the parties in the past. I'm NOT saying that anyone still trying to get FPs for their party tickets are trying to circumvent the system. I do realize that this time of transition is a mess. Some people are still trying to get FPs for their party tickets now, even knowing Disney is now moving toward letting people know it will no longer be the case. I'm NOT condemning them for that since Disney is still saying that SOME party guests will be still getting FPs with their party tickets. THAT is just RIDICULOUS. Since there's nothing telling us what the criteria is to be eligible for party FPs I can see still trying to be one of those guests, however you have to do it, until it is made clear what the criteria is.

Hopefully the system resolves all party ticket issues before the 2017 parties. If not, it should definitely be done before 2018 parties.

I really can't like this post enough.

When you tried to make FP+'s for your party day, did you already have FP+'s booked for that particular day?

Oh I just noticed! Thanks :love:

No we did not

I'm normally a adamantly against stuff like this, but if WDW says the party tickets include 3 FP+, I think you ought to be able to book 3 FP+ regardless of what else you've got that day. It's like saying "If I pay for a full-price admission at MK, and then pay for a full price admission at Epcot, I ought to be able to use 3 FPs at both locations. Each ticket includes the ability to make 3FP+, so I ought to be able to do that if i want to spend the money." Since the party is a separate, hard-ticket event, you shouldn't be penalized because you also spent the money (however much it was) on buying park entry tickets.

Likewise, if I wanted to buy a 4 day hopper and use two days worth of FPs on one visit, I ought to be able to do that, as long as it meant giving up a day of entry. Or maybe a day of FPs.

All that said, I think allowing FPs on party tickets is dumb, and if it's allowed this year, it will be the last. The pre-party admission is a bonus, but allowing FPs to be used by party guests does detract from the day visitors, so I think they'll get rid of that policy before long.

I'm normally a adamantly against stuff like this, but if WDW says the party tickets include 3 FP+, I think you ought to be able to book 3 FP+ regardless of what else you've got that day. It's like saying "If I pay for a full-price admission at MK, and then pay for a full price admission at Epcot, I ought to be able to use 3 FPs at both locations. Each ticket includes the ability to make 3FP+, so I ought to be able to do that if i want to spend the money." Since the party is a separate, hard-ticket event, you shouldn't be penalized because you also spent the money (however much it was) on buying park entry tickets.

Likewise, if I wanted to buy a 4 day hopper and use two days worth of FPs on one visit, I ought to be able to do that, as long as it meant giving up a day of entry. Or maybe a day of FPs.

All that said, I think allowing FPs on party tickets is dumb, and if it's allowed this year, it will be the last. The pre-party admission is a bonus, but allowing FPs to be used by party guests does detract from the day visitors, so I think they'll get rid of that policy before long.

I get what you're saying in the first paragraph, but I completely disagree with the scenario in the second. Since it's ridiculously cheap to add days once you get to a 4 or 5 day ticket, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have no problem spending $10 or $20 extra to guarantee 3 extra fast passes in a single day, especially if it were for something like FOP or FEA. I think it's only like a $53 difference between a 6 and 10 day hopper. Think about if people were only going to go for 6 days and chose to use the other 4 days worth of fast passes in one park- that's 15 fast passes. If you were able to secure 5 of them for a big attraction like FOP how ridiculous the lines would be. But I'm sure plenty of people would pay that $53 for something like that. Plus there's the other 10 fast passes they could reserve that day as well. Logistically, it would be a nightmare for the lines.

I agree! Although not so much about "Likewise, if I wanted to buy a 4 day hopper and use two days worth of FPs on one visit, I ought to be able to do that, as long as it meant giving up a day of entry." Because after more than the first few days of tickets it's such a minimal cost to add more days. I think too many people will do that.

I get what you're saying in the first paragraph, but I completely disagree with the scenario in the second. Since it's ridiculously cheap to add days once you get to a 4 or 5 day ticket, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have no problem spending $10 or $20 extra to guarantee 3 extra fast passes in a single day, especially if it were for something like FOP or FEA. I think it's only like a $53 difference between a 6 and 10 day hopper. Think about if people were only going to go for 6 days and chose to use the other 4 days worth of fast passes in one park- that's 15 fast passes. If you were able to secure 5 of them for a big attraction like FOP how ridiculous the lines would be. But I'm sure plenty of people would pay that $53 for something like that. Plus there's the other 10 fast passes they could reserve that day as well. Logistically, it would be a nightmare for the lines.
Oh. I could have just quoted your comment and wrote Ditto.

I made my FPs yesterday.

Here is my experience..

I am going Oct 2-11 and have 6 day tickets and MNSSHP tickets for the middle of my stay.

I made all FPs in order of days going. I made FPs for party day from 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:30. 5:30 was the latest start time it would allow for fastpass.

When I got to my last day, I couldn't make any FPs because it said I had no tickets left. So I cancelled my fastpasses for the party day. Went back and completed my last park day. After I had all my FPs for all park days, I went back to my party day and it now allowed me to pick the fastpasses.

Soo.. I have all my fastpasses for all days, including party day.

Waiting for an email, I guess.

My opinion is that if they didn't want party goers to use fastpasses, they shouldn't allow FPs to be made against the ticket. Which they are clearly allowing.

I made my FPs yesterday.

Here is my experience..

I am going Oct 2-11 and have 6 day tickets and MNSSHP tickets for the middle of my stay.

I made all FPs in order of days going. I made FPs for party day from 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:30. 5:30 was the latest start time it would allow for fastpass.

When I got to my last day, I couldn't make any FPs because it said I had no tickets left. So I cancelled my fastpasses for the party day. Went back and completed my last park day. After I had all my FPs for all park days, I went back to my party day and it now allowed me to pick the fastpasses.

Soo.. I have all my fastpasses for all days, including party day.

Waiting for an email, I guess.

My opinion is that if they didn't want party goers to use fastpasses, they shouldn't allow FPs to be made against the ticket. Which they are clearly allowing.

I made my fast pass choices on 7/3. We are going to the parks 4 days. We have 3 park tickets and a party ticket. I had no issues what so ever making my fast pass choices. Our party day is the first day of our trip and I started making my choices with that day. I never received any messages that I was over my limit nor did I later receive an email saying I went over. None of my fast passes have been deleted.

So, Pkltm could not make FP+'s with his/her party tickets, and yet BabyHabs could.

So far, the only thing to note is the inconsistency. The sequence that Babyhabs followed may be significant, or not. FWIW, that was the sequence we followed when we made and used FP+'s on our MVMCP tickets.

You know as much as I would hate to have this happened IF Disney's intent is to not allow FP with just a Party ticket they could do what Universal does with their Express Passes where you have to select what day you are going and your Express Pass is only good for that day you select (as far as I undersand it).

That would be a terrible customer experience because of how Park Hoppers work and would further the complaint related to FP selections and being too rigid in park planning but as far as I can understand (and I don't think we're going to get it in exact wording by CMs much less it be consistent at this point) the system, at its present state, has 3 choices here when looking at the # of theme park tickets and the # of days where FP selections exist:

1) Delete first day
2) Delete last day
3) Delete a random day that also has a MNSSHP scheduled that night. To understand what I'm saying during my trip 9/10/17, 9/12/17, and 9/15/17 are MNSSHP party nights. I have FPs scheduled for 9/12/17 and 9/15/17 (though they are at other parks). So it would be like if the system was randomly picking either 9/12/17 or 9/15/17 if I didn't have an extra theme park day to cover that day of FPs.

I'm guessing that at this point at least with the warning e-mail and whatnot they are taking what they perceive is the least disruption to the customer and doing the last day. I honestly think the last day part is because of how the 60days work.

A 4th option is IF their intent is to not allow FP with just a Party Ticket (i.e. party ticket does not equal theme park ticket and theme park ticket equals FP priviliges) is a hard block in the system when someone goes to make FPs for the extra day without having first a theme park ticket to cover that day and a prompt to the customer to purchase a theme park ticket to allow FPs along with an explanation as to why. This option is one that they can easily do but it all depends on how they want to do things. To me based on previous decisions they've made it's all what they perceive is worth it.

This is me all just rambling here though lol.

I thought about that, but then I realized the upside would be those people would not be in the park, having sacrificed a day of admission -- cheap or not -- for three (or six or nine or twelve) additional fastpasses on the days they wouldn't be there. That would mean fewer people in the park and fewer people in the standby lines on those additional days. (that's only if you made them use the whole-day entry. But even if they used up all their fastpasses on day one, that still means there are more fastpasses available on day 2 and so on).

There are X number of FPs available to each ticketed day. I don't think when they are used is that big a deal, especially when you have prohibitions about booking the same thing multiple times, and if you maintain the single-park limitations. If someone wants to use three days worth of FPs on their single MK day, then they don't have FPs left over for two other parks. Or they stay out of the parks all together, which translates to fewer crowds.

Maybe. :)

Even more inconsistency....

If you'll remember I replied back after being told a MNSSHP ticket is not a theme park ticket you are not able to make FP+ selections with it with this...
Original Message Follows: ------------------------

If I will not be able to make Fastpass+ selections with a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party special event ticket then would you care to explain why I currently have 3 Fastpass+ selections that I made with only having that ticket in my My Disney Experience account?

The response I got today...
Dear Dee,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are so excited to hear that you are coming to see us here at Walt Disney World®!

You can enter the park as early as 4pm. Therefore, you would be able to have FastPass+ from 4pm-7pm. While we sincerely appreciate your interest, this electronic mail department does not have access to your My Disney Experience® account. For all questions regarding your My Disney Experience® account, it will be necessary to contact the Walt Disney World® Internet Help Desk directly at 407-939-4357. They will be happy to assist you.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Yakira Diaz

I thought about that, but then I realized the upside would be those people would not be in the park, having sacrificed a day of admission -- cheap or not -- for three (or six or nine or twelve) additional fastpasses on the days they wouldn't be there. That would mean fewer people in the park and fewer people in the standby lines on those additional days. (that's only if you made them use the whole-day entry. But even if they used up all their fastpasses on day one, that still means there are more fastpasses available on day 2 and so on).

There are X number of FPs available to each ticketed day. I don't think when they are used is that big a deal, especially when you have prohibitions about booking the same thing multiple times, and if you maintain the single-park limitations. If someone wants to use three days worth of FPs on their single MK day, then they don't have FPs left over for two other parks. Or they stay out of the parks all together, which translates to fewer crowds.

Maybe. :)
But you weren't really planning on going to the park those other days anyway, so technically there aren't LESS people going, just not more. And there wouldn't be LESS FPs used, just not more.

If Disney wanted to go that route they would just sell extra FPs.

I think the 3 FPs per park, per theme park ticket, per person per day is fair the way it is.

Last edited:

If you'll remember I replied back after being told a MNSSHP ticket is not a theme park ticket you are not able to make FP+ selections with it with this...

If I will not be able to make Fastpass+ selections with a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party special event ticket then would you care to explain why I currently have 3 Fastpass+ selections that I made with only having that ticket in my My Disney Experience account?

Dear Dee,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. We are so excited to hear that you are coming to see us here at Walt Disney World®!

You can enter the park as early as 4pm. Therefore, you would be able to have FastPass+ from 4pm-7pm. While we sincerely appreciate your interest, this electronic mail department does not have access to your My Disney Experience® account. For all questions regarding your My Disney Experience® account, it will be necessary to contact the Walt Disney World® Internet Help Desk directly at 407-939-4357. They will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Yakira Diaz
WTH!?! That didn't answer your question! And it contracted the previous email.

If people weren't frustrated by all this, this would be entertaining.

Dear Dee,

Sincerely,

Yakira Diaz
If this all wasn't so sad it would be :rotfl:.

I'm back to my original diagnosis of a pathetic mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter