Who is in for 2018?

Anyone have thoughts on doing mid-week stays (travel Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed stays)? Our work schedules are flexible so won't be an issue of taking odd time off but is it worth it to avoid weekend crowds and 2 w/e higher resort costs
I think it's worthwhile. We typically go 6 days and I usually avoid the Saturday as that day is usually priced much higher than the rest of the week, especially during holidays.

Anyone have thoughts on doing mid-week stays (travel Tues-Tues or Wed-Wed stays)? Our work schedules are flexible so won't be an issue of taking odd time off but is it worth it to avoid weekend crowds and 2 w/e higher resort costs

We are trying it for the first time in January 2018. Tuesday, the 16 through Thursday, the 25. The thinking is we can take a break from the parks mid-trip, but not miss the low attendance days of mid-week.

We were going to do a cruise in April 2018, but now I'm rethinking and think I want to do a June WDW and then talk DH into doing a cruise by ourselves in December.

I was thinking doing a Tuesday to Tuesday trip in June right when school lets out, so probably 6/12 to 6/19/18.

Decisions, decisions...

We are planning on taking a family trip in June. It will probably be our last family one, as one kid is in college and the other will be going into his senior year. Unfortunately, my son does not get out of school until May 31st. We are planning on doing a Disney/Universal split. First time for that, so I am trying to decide which to do first.

Mid-August for us! We've always gone in the spring or fall before, but family commitments mean we will be braving the heat this time around!

Going for a week Nov 2017 - waiting for the bounce back offer- Family does Hilton Head Island for 2 weeks every summer- its about a 5 hour drive from there- was planning on maybe surprising the family with a mini Disney trip during our HHI stay next year. July 15-18

January 27-February 3 for us. I'm going to book WL when the packages are released, but without some type of room discount we'll have to move down to a moderate. This trip is going to be a surprise for my 4 and 8 year old. I can't wait to wake them up the morning of the 27th and tell them we're heading back to Disney!

We're looking at May 13 (Mother's Day and my oldest's 5th birthday) - 19th. Originally planning on Wilderness Lodge, but had some unexpected stuff come up financially and will probably downgrade to Pop just to be on the safe side! It will be our first Disney trip since our honeymoon in 2011, and I'm so excited (but kind of nervous planning-wise) to do our first trip with the kids!

Though I have 2 trips for this summer already. I'm already starting to look into booking a week in mid May 2018! Taking my 82 yr old Aunt and 73 yr old mother! They want to go one more time! Planning on staying at AOA in one of the family suites. 3 beds, 2 bathrooms, budget friendly and room for 2 scooters! Hoping to be able to get an AP or bounce back discount for the room!

We have one trip planned for Jan 2018 and another in Oct 2018. The January trip is for me and DH to celebrate our new status as empty-nesters :flower1:. We are staying our first night at a WDW resort (hopefully Boardwalk area), then a 4 night Disney Cruise, then back to WDW for 4 nights at Copper Creek.

The October trip is still in the planning stages and will include DD, my mother, and possibly my aunt. This girl's trip will allow us to get away over DD's college fall break and give my mom an opportunity to see some things at WDW she's not been able to at a more relaxed pace. She has a lot of mobility issues, so she hasn't been since the late 90's. Our touring plan will be minimal, and we'll all just be enjoying some time together.

We are planning on January 31 through February 7th. Plan is to book POFQ and if discounts come out for WL, move to there.

I just went to the Disney site and the rate calendars have been updated through December 2018. You still can't book anything online past 12/31/2017, but at least you can see what rack rates will be

I just went to the Disney site and the rate calendars have been updated through December 2018. You still can't book anything online past 12/31/2017, but at least you can see what rack rates will be

I just checked my dates and I was only off $22.50 from what I had planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter