Who is in for 2018?

Planning on Sept/Oct 2018. It will be our first time in the fall, MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival! Hoping to stay at the Poly since we will be celebrating my 40th birthday.

We're headed to AoA Cars suite June 2-9! It'll be everyone's first visit (technically not mine, but come on, I was like 5. Haha). Surprise for the kids! pirate:

Planning on Oct 9-17th at WL for my 50th birthday. Haven't been to WDW since 1998, so gonna try to do this trip right. :smickey:

September 2018 - Land & Sea... Staying at Pop for 3 nights, then 4-night cruise on the Dream, then 1 night at AoA Mermaid. Mermaid room is the plan, but since it's only one night, I'm tempted to stay at a Moderate resort or higher just for fun. :-)

Mid-August 2018. Hoping to get a good rate from the TA exclusive deal for that time frame at the Poly. Hoping they release their rates early this year so I don't have to wait much longer.

So question, you can book room as soon as booking is available, then if they offer free dining, you can change your reservation? Looking Sept labor day 2018

Last edited:
So question, you can book room as soon as booking is available, then if they offer free dining, you can change your reservation? Looking Sept labor day 2018
Technically yes, but they only set aside a certain number of rooms for free dining (any promotion actually), so if they are all booked by the time you call for the resort/room you have booked you may have to change resort or room type to take advantage of it. If there is availability then they will turn your current room only reservation into a package with free dining.

Waiting for 2018 Military rates to come out... Going in May, it will be our first trip in May. We have always went the last 6 months of the year before.

I am looking to plan a trip for April/May 2018, any ideas if/when discounts will come out? Thanks!

End of October 2018, was on the website tonight trying to price out a couple of nights at POR or POFQ but the website is being all glitchy, prices come up on the main page but then I click on any resort and it says no availability for our dates and party size :sad2: I think all Disney related websites have it out for me :crazy2:

I'm in for March 2018 just trying to decide where to stay as there is 6 adults and 3 kids. Everyone in the party just tells me it doesn't matter where we stay, though some have requested a full kitchen,and fairly cheap. I have been looking at the dvc's but the only one I've stayed at is Boulder Ridge at that was this year. What would you all recommend? The youngest will be almost 2 and an almost 6 year old so I would like a resort without to much extra walking.

Mid to late August 2018 at BC for us.

Finding availability on the website for mid/late August 2018 at BC is lousy at this point. I'm not sure if the website is flaky or if availability is really that bad, or the new inventory system is preventing longer stays. We were planning on 12 nights at BC but I've been regularly checking and there had been zero availability. Yesterday there was finally a 10 night stay show availability so we booked it, since we didn't want to not have something in place. We'll likely do 4 nights at Universal following rather than the 2 we were originally planning.

If availability really is as bad as it seems right now I doubt we'll see discounts.

Mid November 2018 i think. We haven't been since Oct 2014 and want to hit both Disney and Universal (for my HP fan 9 year old) in the same trip. Thinking about staying onsite at Disney for the whole trip and Ubering/renting a car for our Universal days. Anyone know what kind of discounts we can expect? The current dates I'm looking at are 11/6-11/12.

we booked for june 12-23 of 2018 at the poly standard view and deluxe dining. from the reading i have done it looks like discounts for the summer packages that cover june of next year tend to come out at end of march. i will reply if they release as i am sure my wife will be checking daily when it gets to that point.

Booked for October 4-9!! This is the only block of time the college kids can go... Frustrating that it all falls outside of the discounts for Fall. Hope something comes up over the next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!