Who is new on PCC 3.0?

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Just wondering how many of the PCC 3.0 people are new to cruising. I'm sure there are a bunch of you. Don't be shy - us "regulars" are always looking for new friends. :beach:

If you've got questions some of the regulars here can help. Kevin has a sticky thread at the top of this forum with links to some good info too.

I'm not new lol but I always have questions :lmao: We are bringing another couple who is new to Disney Cruising. They have DVC so they are not new to Disney. They also do not know the podcast.... YET!!

I have a DATW post going so I hope we get a bunch of us together!!

Me and Joe are new!!!

It's taken me 10 years to convince him to go on a cruise. When they announced that PCC 3.0 was going to be in the summer so us teachers could go, we took the plunge!

I'm still a little nervous about dining and we've made no plans for excursions b/c we want to enjoy the boat and relax.

Joe's just deathly afraid he's going to get norovirus.

Me and Joe are new!!!

It's taken me 10 years to convince him to go on a cruise. When they announced that PCC 3.0 was going to be in the summer so us teachers could go, we took the plunge!

I'm still a little nervous about dining and we've made no plans for excursions b/c we want to enjoy the boat and relax.

I've been on numerous (20?) cruises and never gotten noro, but it does happen. DCL seems to be in the forefront of preventative measures. Before you go into any restaurant (including Cabanas by the pool) you'll be handed one of those anti-bacterial tissues to clean your hands.

As far as the whole dining experience goes, you'll most likely be seated with other DIS'ers (I think that for the protection of the other passengers) so you'll have something in common. We've met lots of great people from the various PodCast events.

As far as relaxing goes - that's our plan too. We do have some Spa stuff booked for Nassau day, and have also booked the Stingray adventure for the first CC stop. Other than that - nothing. Well, if you don't count a night a Palo. :beach:

You know we are new to PCC3.0 but not to you, Jeff!

Can't wait! Gotta get going on my FE!

I forget, have you guys ever cruised before? Cruising and Disney is a great combination! Val & I just ordered our FE today. Actual FE gifts are all set.

I'm a virgin,,,, to cruising.

<vainly searching for the right emoticon> settling for this :p

I forget, have you guys ever cruised before? Cruising and Disney is a great combination! Val & I just ordered our FE today. Actual FE gifts are all set. <vainly searching for the right emoticon> settling for this :p

This is our first cruise! We are going to make a FE. We have the material, just need to put it together! I know what I'm making for the gifts. Just need to find the time to put them together!

Me and Joe are new!!!

Denise - start building your immune support now - drink 1 packet of Emergen-C or use 1 tablet of Airborne every day until and then during the cruise!

I personally like the Airborne chewable tablets - the berry ones are great! You'll empty the bottle by the end of vacation and have more suitcase room! :thumbsup2

We are new to cruising :goodvibes

Been thinking about it for a while but wanted to wait for DD to be old enough for the clubs then when 3.0 was announced we were listening over dinner and DH said book it and here we are.

I have decided on our FE gifts just waiting for some artwork as I want to personalise them and have decided to order a FE as I don't think I will get time to make one now.

I am not new to cruising(and I LOVE it), but I am new to Disney cruising. My boyfriend's first and only cruise was Podcast 2.0. He had such a great time that he booked us both to go on Podcast 3.0! I am a HUGE Disney fan, and I still can't believe thatweI get to go on this cruise together. I just know that I will have a tear in my eye when I hear that horn for the first time :banana:

We are new to cruising :goodvibes

Been thinking about it for a while but wanted to wait for DD to be old enough for the clubs then when 3.0 was announced we were listening over dinner and DH said book it and here we are.

You'll be glad you booked it! Its fun enough to be on a DCL cruise. Adding all the extra stuff the podcast team does and you'll have a lifetime of memories.

I am not new to cruising(and I LOVE it), but I am new to Disney cruising. My boyfriend's first and only cruise was Podcast 2.0. He had such a great time that he booked us both to go on Podcast 3.0! I am a HUGE Disney fan, and I still can't believe thatweI get to go on this cruise together. I just know that I will have a tear in my eye when I hear that horn for the first time :banana:

Sounds like you've found the right BF Bonnie! Two big Disney fans on a Disney cruise. :)

This is our 1st cruise. I'm in charge of ALL of the planning and feeling a bit overwhelmed. :beach:

Amanda

We're new to cruising too.

Really getting excited!

We booked some bikes, snorkling, tubes/rafts and the stingray experience at Castaway Cay. :beach: We were also lucky to get a Palo Brunch for the 6 of us adults.

Can't wait to meet everyone and have some fun!

This is our 1st cruise. I'm in charge of ALL of the planning and feeling a bit overwhelmed.

There is a lot to think about, isn't there? Even for us, there's a lot to consider. Add to that the fact that we don't know what the Dreams/DIS folks are going to have going on for us while on board, which makes some of the planning more difficult. Even so, we just made some further decisions just a couple of days ago for a post-cruise event.

Can't wait to meet everyone and have some fun!

Neither can we!!!!

This will be the first Disney cruise for me, my DW (myweegirls), and our daughters. It will be the second cruise for her and I, in total, and I would just as soon forget the first one. So, I am very excited to get back to cruising with Disney's rendition of it.

This is my first cruise ever, and I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing. It's all very overwhelming and so different from planning a Disney trip. I'm relying on others to help me along.

Is this a good place to ask some insane questions??? I'm in the "OMG I know nothing about cruising!" panic mode.

1. I just ordered custom pillow cases for my kids. Good, right? Not 100% sure I "get it" but I have colored sharpies and somehow the pillowcases get signed?

2. Do we also need autograph books? There are characters at kid clubs, yes? Do kids need to bring autograph books and/or pillowcases to kids clubs for signing?

3. I'm in a bit of a tizzy about the whole dress code thing. At Disney World we would normal change into khaki shorts/polo shirts for boys and sundresses for girls before going out to dinner. Should we be getting more dressed up than that on the cruise (I get that khaki pants instead of shorts may be in order)? Obviously DH and I will where our finest on Palo night...

4. What's e deal with costumes for pirate night? Am I the worst mom ever if my kids only have bandanas and eye patches? Do we need real costumes?

That's my panic for now...

Amanda

Amanda - First I send enough time in doctor's offices to tell you -- Relax. Just breathe, this isn't suppose to hurt. :rotfl2:

I am not sure about how the pillowcase signing works. All the trips we have done of Disney have been since our children were grown although we are looking forward to bringing our grand-daughter in the future.

I do know some about the autograph books. Each day in the daily news a schedule of which character who will be in the Atrium is posted. I have seen children there with autograph books. Just like in the parks it is smart to have a pen and camera ready. In addition we have gone to Guest Services early in our sailing and provided them with a picture or picture matting we wanted signed by either a specific character or group of characters like the Fab Five.

I don't think you should stress over the dress code. Polo shirts and sundresses are going to be just fine. I am not sure how strict the issue of shorts is in the main dining rooms especially for children. My experience has been that as long as you use common sense you will be fine. Disney is a more casual cruising experience because it caters to families.

Pirate night -- you will see some people dressed in their pirate finery, you will see more people wearing tee-shirts that are pirate in nature, and you will see lots of people wearing a bandana and eye patch. The one thing you will hopefully see on everyone is a smile because they are having a good time. Be prepared to get on the outdoor dance floor with your kids and laugh lots with them. It will make you the best mom in your kids' eyes.

Now no more stressing - it is not good for you. :rotfl:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

1. I just ordered custom pillow cases for my kids. Good, right? Not 100% sure I "get it" but I have colored sharpies and somehow the pillowcases get signed?

Amanda

I'm not on this cruise but I can help you with this. Put your pillowcases in ziplock bags with your name and cabin number displayed on the bag. Turn them into Guest Services the DAY your cruise begins. The bags will be returned to you by the day you return home.

I'm not on this cruise but I can help you with this. Put your pillowcases in ziplock bags with your name and cabin number displayed on the bag. Turn them into Guest Services the DAY your cruise begins. The bags will be returned to you by the day you return home.

I think they actually have a form created for this now. :rotfl2:

Also, make sure to include sharpies if there's a certain color you want used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!