Come here to chat while waiting for the 2021 DVC Member Cruise! Will it happen??

Yes, I don’t expect this to sell out in few hours the way the Alaska cruise did. I do hope that life will be more normal next year.

Hi I have a couple of questions...how hot is it on the ship outdoors at the time of year that this cruise is scheduled, is it really hot on the ship if you don't disembark? I don't like the heat, hating the current weather temperatures we are experiencing here in NJ.

2nd question, do they have "formal" nights? I have never cruised but I know in days gone bye you needed to bring more formal wear on a cruise. Is that still the case? What is the dress code?

I'm still thinking about possibly booking this cruise but need some additional information. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2nd question, do they have "formal" nights? I have never cruised but I know in days gone bye you needed to bring more formal wear on a cruise. Is that still the case? What is the dress code?
Hi - here is the dress code info from the DCL website for Caribbean Cruises. Since this will be 5 nights, likely not a formal night but there may be a semi-formal night. Regardless, formal attire is never required in the main dining rooms on any nights Maybe half of the people will be in formal or semi-formal attire on those evenings; rest will be cruise casual. I’ve never had “formal attire “ - semi-formal at best & even then not each cruise.

Disney Cruise Line ships feature an array of diverse dining experiences, from casual to upscale. Be sure to follow the dress code for your restaurant:

• Main Dining – Dining attire is cruise casual in all 3 main dining restaurants, meaning no swimwear or tank tops. Guests often like to dress up, but this is optional.
  • Adult Exclusive Dining at Palo and Remy – To preserve the elegant ambiance, you are asked to adhere to a dress code when dining at Palo or at Remy. Please no tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, shorts, hats, cut-offs, torn clothing, t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics, flip-flops or tennis shoes. Jeans cannot be worn at Remy; however, they may be worn at Palo if in good condition (no holes).
  • Palo – We recommend dress pants or slacks and a collared shirt for men; for women, a dress, skirt or pants and a blouse is requested.
  • Remy – For men, a jacket (sports, suit or tuxedo) is required, with a collared shirt, dress pants/slacks and dress shoes; ties are optional. For women, a cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt and blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, leggings, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
  • Themed Nights – On 7-night sailings and longer cruises, the ship offers themed nights—including a formal night—and you're encouraged to dress up and participate in the evening's festivities.

About heat...well, June in MX is likely hot, but very likely there are breezes. Castaway Cay, the same, but probably not as hot. If you have a balcony, it’s possible that it will be in the sun, so not useable, but the open deck, Deck 4 has lounge chairs for use.

Generally, you should have something like a sweater because you may find a dining room, or a ship’s venue that’s chilly to you.

We always have a meal in Palo, and slacks and nice top is what i wear.

The 2021 MC page on the DVC website has been updated with additional details for this cruise, including the stateroom categories.

The 2021 MC page on the DVC website has been updated with additional details for this cruise, including the stateroom categories.
I see they are getting ready to show us when a category is booked. Other than that, I don’t see anything different.

Last edited:

I see they are getting ready to show us when a category is booked. Other than that, I don’t see anything different.
They also added the call-in window times for Saturday, which had previously only been in Notifications.

Thank you Mathmagicland and bobbiwoz for the great information. Not sure yet what we will do...I hate uncertainty... :sad2:

Thank you Mathmagicland and bobbiwoz for the great information. Not sure yet what we will do...I hate uncertainty... :sad2:
Uncertainty regarding the virus? That’s going to be with us for awhile I fear. I admit we both like to plan, although planning and then cancelling is getting old.

"As we continue to improve and respond to feedback from our Members, we have adjusted our Member Cruise Booking Day process to improve our ability to quickly secure your space during your initial inbound phone call.
After your initial inbound call, a Member Services Cast Member will contact you within 72 hours of Member Cruise Booking day to finalize the payment of Points and/or cash and to fully secure the booking."

Is this a new process? Thanks!

"As we continue to improve and respond to feedback from our Members, we have adjusted our Member Cruise Booking Day process to improve our ability to quickly secure your space during your initial inbound phone call.
After your initial inbound call, a Member Services Cast Member will contact you within 72 hours of Member Cruise Booking day to finalize the payment of Points and/or cash and to fully secure the booking."

Is this a new process? Thanks!
Yes, this is new.
So, I think we give the first CM the people information and acceptable stateroom categories. Then someone calls back, we learn what we got and pay. I am not sure I like that, since I think before I was “with” the person booking the room, and I could say yes or no.
However, maybe I am not understanding correctly. Maybe you do all the picking with the first person, and room only gets paid with the second call.
What do you think??

Yes, this is new.
So, I think we give the first CM the people information and acceptable stateroom categories. Then someone calls back, we learn what we got and pay. I am not sure I like that, since I think before I was “with” the person booking the room, and I could say yes or no.
However, maybe I am not understanding correctly. Maybe you do all the picking with the first person, and room only gets paid with the second call.
What do you think??
I am thinking we will still select and know the stateroom we will get in the initial call. The second call/callback will be to process the payment/points part only. The payment part always seems to be the longer portion of the call, at least for my experience. I’m hoping with selecting cabins only on Saturday the wait times will be shorter. This may also mean cabin categories will seem to be going faster for those on hold.

Not sure if someone could pick a different stateroom in that callback, ie someone decides to cancel after the first call Or does not take the callback to pay, thus opening up a cabin previously not available to someone else. Guess we will have to see, as this will be a new process for all.

I am thinking we will still select and know the stateroom we will get in the initial call. The second call/callback will be to process the payment/points part only. The payment part always seems to be the longer portion of the call, at least for my experience. I’m hoping with selecting cabins only on Saturday the wait times will be shorter. This may also mean cabin categories will seem to be going faster for those on hold.

Not sure if someone could pick a different stateroom in that callback, ie someone decides to cancel after the first call Or does not take the callback to pay, thus opening up a cabin previously not available to someone else. Guess we will have to see, as this will be a new process for all.
Our cabin mate is calling DVC now to see if she can learn something. My DSis and I are paying cash, and she will be paying points as the third person. This is what we did on the DVC Bermuda cruise last year.

Our cabin mate is calling DVC now to see if she can learn something. My DSis and I are paying cash, and she will be paying points as the third person. This is what we did on the DVC Bermuda cruise last year.
I hope MS is able to clarify. I had not considered your thinking, and if we can’t pick or know a specific cabin number before the payment call then I may have to rethink calling in on Saturday. Not sure I would want one assigned to me.

I hope MS is able to clarify. I had not considered your thinking, and if we can’t pick or know a specific cabin number before the payment call then I may have to rethink calling in on Saturday. Not sure I would want one assigned to me.
I agree and hope you are correct. The cabin is picked and then we wait for the call to pay.
I have not heard from Patricia yet.

It does seem that the payment and picking a room is all on the second phone call. The first call is to verify membership. In our case, because I will use cash, my sister uses cash, and friend uses points, the reservation will be under her membership. The first phone call will also put you in a queue for the second call. This second call should be coming within 72 hours.

The website says to be ready to tell them three categories in order of preference. Do you know whether the categories could be (for instance) 5a, 5b and 5c, or would they have to be 5, 6 and 7?
I say 5a, 5B, and 5c.

I also am saying Starboard side and giving a range of staterooms that are acceptable.

It does seem that the payment and picking a room is all on the second phone call. The first call is to verify membership. In our case, because I will use cash, my sister uses cash, and friend uses points, the reservation will be under her membership. The first phone call will also put you in a queue for the second call. This second call should be coming within 72 hours.
Thanks for sharing this...not what I expected the first call Process to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!