Who isn't have problems with MDE?

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
I truly do not want to rub it into those who are. I get how bad it is. Honestly, I do.
I've had my share of times where I'm in those shoes.
But, fact is, not everyone is having issues. Are there commonalities between those who are and those who aren't?
This is one of the times where I'm having no problems at all. I'm not the only one here, am I?
No odd things showing up, no strange occurrences when booking rooms, FP, or anything. All my MB are working just fine.
Why?
Here's a few facts that may be different. If you are in the not having problems group do you have any of these things in common?
I had to have my MDE account rebuilt a few months ago. They stripped it of all old data, and only ported over current items. Fixed a fair number of issues my account had, like an inability to change any reservations.
I'm working with AP, not tickets. (Could this be why I don't have problems with FP)?
I have 2 tickets on my account for when I take DGD next summer but not using them for anything. (these were bought from PS, about 6 months ago)
I do have 3 resort stays booked for early Oct (split stay) and another stay booked for December.
I have FP booked
EMM at HS
Halloween Party Tickets
Anyway, anyone who wants to add in info feel free. I doubt we can learn much but I'm just simply baffled and puzzled over this. There's got to be a reason behind these accounts having problems and the ones that aren't. Or maybe not

Last edited:
I’m knocking hard on wood over here.... but I had some ADRs not showing when the problems first started, but APP only. MDE via web was fine.

-APs activated in Aug.
-3 DVC stays upcoming.
-One 7 day hopper bought from -ParkSavers attached to my MIL
-No FPs currently

ETA but I am over here trying to figure out why Windows 10 is crashing my new computer >:(. I’m usually the one having tech problems :rolleyes2

Even with AP we’re having issues.

We’ve been here since last week and I am not even bothering with MDE app most of the time. Everything takes super long to load (if it does at all) no matter if I’m on park WiFi or phone plan. Forget about the “refresh” strategy because the app won’t work.

I still have a dining reservation showing up on my MDE that I canceled last week. I’ve signed out and in, rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and even used my tablet at the resort on their WiFi with no luck.

I feel bad for first timers who use MDE heavily to navigate around. We’ve been ok, even grabbing a same day FOP fp on Sunday, but we’re barely looking it at all during the day. Every CM I’ve talked to has said how bad MDE is now. One even commented that the lucky time to get MDE to work must be at 6AM, when I was able to grab that FOP fp!

Me! Urr I mean NOT Me, I mean, wait what was the question?

I check in a week from tomorrow. Please fix before then. Thanks.

The only issue I’m having is cancelled dining reservations showing up. That’s not a huge deal...if I get hit with no-show fees, I’m sure I can get those waived.

-I have a 5 night on-property stay coming up in October.
-I have 5 day non-hopping tickets that I bought from UT linked properly to both my husband and myself.
-I have a couple of dining reservations.
-I have both MK and DHS EMMs booked.
-My FPs look fine.
-Yesterday was the last day I could customize MBs, and they looked fine when I checked them yesterday.
-After a few failed attempts on a few devices, I was able to complete online check-in yesterday using the app on my tablet.

Even with AP we’re having issues.

We’ve been here since last week and I am not even bothering with MDE app most of the time. Everything takes super long to load (if it does at all) no matter if I’m on park WiFi or phone plan. Forget about the “refresh” strategy because the app won’t work.

I still have a dining reservation showing up on my MDE that I canceled last week. I’ve signed out and in, rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and even used my tablet at the resort on their WiFi with no luck.

I feel bad for first timers who use MDE heavily to navigate around. We’ve been ok, even grabbing a same day FOP fp on Sunday, but we’re barely looking it at all during the day. Every CM I’ve talked to has said how bad MDE is now. One even commented that the lucky time to get MDE to work must be at 6AM, when I was able to grab that FOP fp!
I guess I should include I've not opened the app much at all. Once or twice and saw the messages they've got on there pop up about all the issues and where to report if you are one of those having them.
I've been working solely on the website. Even when I'm in the parks I use the website more than the app

The only issue I’m having is cancelled dining reservations showing up. That’s not a huge deal...if I get hit with no-show fees, I’m sure I can get those waived.

-I have a 5 night on-property stay coming up in October.
-I have 5 day non-hopping tickets that I bought from UT linked properly to both my husband and myself.
-I have a couple of dining reservations.
-I have both MK and DHS EMMs booked.
-My FPs look fine.
-Yesterday was the last day I could customize MBs, and they looked fine when I checked them yesterday.
-After a few failed attempts on a few devices, I was able to complete online check-in yesterday using the app on my tablet.
Good point here. This is one issue I had. I couldn't complete online check in for one of the stays on the website. I had to use the app. It went fine, first try. Online it still looks like I haven't done it, if I try, I get a Goofy error page. When tells me it is done just is showing the "start check in" button instead of "update check in" button for some reason.

A party ticket disappeared for a friend for less than 48 hours. Eveything else is fine.

We have a package trip w/ 6 day hoppers in December.

A DVC trip in April.

EMM, MVMCP

All ADRs are correct and friends and family is correct.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Mine is generally working fine as well. The only wonky thing is that, for two of our fastpasses, they are showing up twice--once for our party of four (correct), and once for a party of 2 (incorrect) for same date and time. Dunno. Everything else is correct. We are AP holders, DVC members, and currently have 3 resort reservations booked, with soonest being 10/5-10/8. We also have HS EMM for Oct and Xmas party tix for our December trip. Other than the one wonky thing above, all resort rezzies, dining rezzies (including Candlelight Processional), and fastpasses are looking normal. BTW, I've taken screenshots of everything, jic.

I was onsite for 10 nights in August/September and never had an issue with MDE.
I used both the browser and app - although changes made in one medium didn’t always update in the other immediately, within minutes all was fine.
Our tickets and room were both booked through a TA.
I did my own ADRs & FPs & party tickets. All showed in MDE. I cancelled, modified, and refreshed thoughout.

Maybe my trip was before things got bad?!!

Ours is finally fine, fine for a few days now at least. Initially the only thing that was wrong was that only one of our tickets were linked, but all ADR's. FP, and resort reservations were there.
After a day or two, my DH ticket appeared again. All has been fine since then.
GOOD LUCK to others!pixiedust:

I’ve been afraid to look, but it seems it’s okay. I made my fast passes 3 days before the problems started and they are all still there. No issues with tickets, hotel, or magic bands. The only problem I could see was a recently cancelled dining reservation is showing. The dining that I cancelled months ago is not there, but the one I cancelled the day after making FP has reappeared and says it can’t be cancelled online.

I’ve been using the website for everything.

No AP. Offsite/on-site stay October into early November. 5 day park hoppers. HS EMM and MNSSHP tickets. Made ADRs at around 168 days ( still looking for a couple) FPS at 60 days. When the magical enhancements happened I lost my tickets and my sister in law showed up, 3 canceled ADRs showed up. I chose not to look for a while but the tickets came back. Still have the canceled ADRs showing up. They don’t “bother” anything, they just show up in the middle of my current itinerary. Had to delete the app and reinstall, sign in and out a couple of times, but app is good. Canceled ADRs show up there too. Re-customized my MB’s but still there. Sister in law won’t go away. Also I have been having to delete and reinstall the app the whole time because when I would change an ADR the old wouldn’t go away and the new wouldn’t show up until I did so.
Fingers crossed. Knock knock.

I leave tomorrow for Disney. It's going to be interesting to see how MDE is going to act up once I'm in the park and in need of same day FPs. I'm not optimistic about my chances. I'm just worried about any tickets snafus or whatnot. It will be our first trip relying on MDE and Magicbands.

I'm hopefully not jinxing myself here... But I have yet to have a problem.
I only have my hotel and some dining reservations on my account, and no tickets linked yet.
I have been able to edit my magic band order fine, and I haven't seen anything strange like a ghost of a past deleted hotel/dining res.

I'm waiting to link tickets until I see this IT storm pass...

My next trips are in February & June. We have APs. My Feb reservation at CSR is there, as are my APs and my ADRs.

My June reservation at the Swan disappeared and I haven’t attempted to relink it while the app seems to be in chaos for some.

But no, you aren’t alone in your normalcy.

Here now. Original plans 09/12- 09/19. Due to roads and such back home added two hotel days and one park hopper day. So we went from 5 to 6 day hopper tickets. I’ve been lucky with no problems until it just wouldn’t load yesterday, but my moms would. I saw there was an update and once I did that no problems. FP has been fine. ADRs have been fine even with modifications and cancellations. I definitely got lucky

I truly do not want to rub it into those who are. I get how bad it is. Honestly, I do.
I've had my share of times where I'm in those shoes.
But, fact is, not everyone is having issues. Are there commonalities between those who are and those who aren't?
This is one of the times where I'm having no problems at all. I'm not the only one here, am I?
No odd things showing up, no strange occurrences when booking rooms, FP, or anything. All my MB are working just fine.
Why?
Here's a few facts that may be different. If you are in the not having problems group do you have any of these things in common?
I had to have my MDE account rebuilt a few months ago. They stripped it of all old data, and only ported over current items. Fixed a fair number of issues my account had, like an inability to change any reservations.
I'm working with AP, not tickets. (Could this be why I don't have problems with FP)?
I have 2 tickets on my account for when I take DGD next summer but not using them for anything. (these were bought from PS, about 6 months ago)
I do have 3 resort stays booked for early Oct (split stay) and another stay booked for December.
I have FP booked
EMM at HS
Halloween Party Tickets
Anyway, anyone who wants to add in info feel free. I doubt we can learn much but I'm just simply baffled and puzzled over this. There's got to be a reason behind these accounts having problems and the ones that aren't. Or maybe not
I used MDE to book Fast Passes this morning. Easily accessed it using a laptop - didn’t trust the app on my mobile device. Worked like a charm! All Fast Passes and ADR’s secured in about 20 minutes! Was worth getting up early and accessing the site as soon as the link went live!

Last edited:
The only issue I’ve had was one of our magic bands showing up as un-customized today, even though we took care of both of them ages ago. I did go and correct it but I’m worried because today is our 30 day mark.

Our Poly reservation, FPs, ADRs and tickets are all still showing though. (We have 7 day hoppers and MNSSHP tickets, all are still there.) Of course, now I can’t access the site on my phone. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!