Who isn't have problems with MDE?

The MDE app has not refreshed at all. Just logged out and back in. Only 3 of 4 recently purchased APs are showing. But it’s showing that they are valid through 1/1/2031! Cool.

Web site works though.

Interesting approach I will be following to see if there are common circumstances.

I am having minor issues and like you I just had my MDE rebuilt - one trip since the rebuild.
3 Annual Passholders, also have unused 2 day ph tickets on file for my niece & nephew.

Currently have a trip booked over Christmas, no issues booking, annual passholder rate with the 3 AP holders, resort and a few ADRs booked. YESssss!

Currently have a long weekend end of October trip - lots of issues booking, couldn't see AP rates, kept getting Canadian resident rates :) (we are not!)
Finally booked resort for 2 both AP holders.
My dd did the FP+ booking (using my account) at about 45 days, lots of glitches, didn't get TSL or FOP but that was expected due to the late decision to go. Sometimes they show up sometimes they don't and sometimes they show up for one guest so we will just tap in at the correct times and hope for the best. This isn't a make or break it trip as far as FP+ goes as its just a quick food and wine/birthday and maybe mhsshp trip.

So one trip xx fingers no issues so far, another tip minor issues but nothing like I have had in the past.

We are in the process of putting together our Spring extended family trip so I may have more feedback soon. For context last years family trip was the trip that broke my DME and prompted me to make the decision to stay offsite for 2 of our next trips and visit Universal for Thanksgiving and after Christmas instead of Disney.

Last edited:
I'm scared to put this out in the universe...lol...I have a trip planned in December. Everything is in the app correctly, my hotel, tickets, MVMCP ticket, and ADR's. Nothing has ever disappeared. Today I booked another ADR using the app on my phone and it worked fine. FP+ date isn't until Oct. 8th but I am hoping for the best!!

I too am always amazed with the amount of people that have issues.
I do not.
Does the app randomly say sorry something went wrong? Sure but its a very easy solution... close the app and go back in and everything works just fine.
It takes me 2 seconds to do that and then I come on here and see how many people are nearly in tears over it and I just cannot understand it.
I also don't know how many times I see that people can't preorder at BOG yet never once has it been an issue for me and I've done it now 7 times will be 8 soon.
Only thing I've had a problem with is room requests. Figured out the easy solution to that is just call and have your requests noted.
In no way am I trying to suggest people are doing something wrong but I just can't understand why its so glitchy for some and not for others.

BTW @AngiTN when are you going in December? I'll be there December 7-11 :)

Does the app randomly say sorry something went wrong? Sure but its a very easy solution... close the app and go back in and everything works just fine.
It takes me 2 seconds to do that and then I come on here and see how many people are nearly in tears over it and I just cannot understand it.

It’s pretty easy to understand. That solution doesn’t work for a lot of people (me included).

I'm scared to put this out in the universe...lol...I have a trip planned in December. Everything is in the app correctly, my hotel, tickets, MVMCP ticket, and ADR's. Nothing has ever disappeared. Today I booked another ADR using the app on my phone and it worked fine. FP+ date isn't until Oct. 8th but I am hoping for the best!!
We will be there at the same time :)

I too am always amazed with the amount of people that have issues.
I do not.
I also don't know how many times I see that people can't preorder at BOG yet never once has it been an issue for me and I've done it now 7 times will be 8 soon.
Only thing I've had a problem with is room requests. Figured out the easy solution to that is just call and have your requests noted.
In no way am I trying to suggest people are doing something wrong but I just can't understand why its so glitchy for some and not for others.

BTW @AngiTN when are you going in December? I'll be there December 7-11 :)

I see your point and I think that's why Angie started this thread?

I won't even go into the issues I had before Disney IT "rebuilt" my MDE but at the parks it ranged from missing tickets at the gate - (AP plastic pass in hand!) Magic Bands that won't open the room (once leaving my 86yo mil stranded outside OKW, once when my dd had a tray of food she carried all the way from the pepper market to a non preferred room and then had to carry back) charging issues to name a few.

Now - for me it is not being able to book a room on the first try, book an adr or booking or changing a FP+ yes sometimes a refresh is all it takes other times you have to try a few different browsers or put it off until the next day. IMHO, you shouldn't have to "trick" a website into letting you make a resort reservation by using "chrome incognito" - and even that doesn't always work for me. I used to look forward to planning a trip and now its just so stressful!

Last edited:
November trip
5-day convention-type park hoppers. They are accounted for, though one of my son's tickets went missing for a few minutes, but reappeared when refreshed.
Reservations at Pop; split stay at Swan
No ADRs booked, so none to go missing
Able to make FP+ at 60 days. Have not lost them.

Only glitch is DH booked the Swan with his points, and only put himself on the reservation (and he's not even going to the parks this trip - SMH!), so I was unable to link it to my sons' tickets or my own when I wanted to make FP+. Even after he's called back and had me and two children put on the reservation, MDE only shows 2 adults. I've called the Swan, and they can see the rest of us, but MDE doesn't see us, and when transferred to Disney I was put on hold with estimated waits of over an hour. So hopefully there's a way to get into EMH if the Swan never shows up.

Here's info from my MDE activity for the past year...
August/September 2017:
-ASMo, 2 day PH, MNSSHP, BOG ADR, FP+ for 3 days, Booked FD BB for December 2018.
February 2018
-ASMu, 3 day base ticket, BOG ADR, FP+ for 3 days
August/September 2018
-POP, 2 day PH, MNSSHP, BOG ADR, FP+ for 3 days
December 2018
-FD BB, POP, 2 day PH, MVMCP, QSDP upgraded to DDP, ADR's at BOG, Le Cellier, and Diamond horseshoe.

So I've had one trip booked since September 2017 and have booked and taken 2 trips since then.

I have all of my magic bands active still (9 for me total)

Only problems I've had is my last day of FP+ was going to be deleted a few weeks ago because I contacted Disney for something after I had made FP+ selections on the party ticket.
Could not select room requests.
And the "something went wrong" notification would pop up once in a while when looking at the app.

Oh and back in July 2014 my sister's magic band worked fine for a FP+ and then not for purchasing something at the next attraction's gift shop.
We actually think it was due to lightning because between the attractions it was the worst storm I've ever been in and I swear on my life there was a lightning strike directly in front of us!

I've also never had my MDE "rebuilt".

Not sure if any of this helps in figuring it all out.

Last edited:
Just lucky I guess.
We have a trip in October (both have APs) and all dining and FP booked, no problems.
Separate trip in Feb 2019 with 4 additional people, all with purchased park tickets online and linked to my account. All dining reservations made. Can't make FP til December.

I went back in to check a few things and see if I could make changes to FP and dining, no problems with either.
I'm sorry so many are frustrated. I wish they could figure what the heck is going on. Seems like daily there is a "are you having problems with MDE?" threads. Daily.

The app doesn't seem to work very well, if at all for me. But the website itself works just fine. All of my information is there, I can make plans, etc. It's just the app that's giving me problems.

I want to know why they would need to "rebuild" an account. Like... why? To me, that screams "something is fundamentally wrong with the way this software is planned and structured at a base level".

[eta]

Anyway... yes, I have multiple cancelled ADRs showing up on my account that cannot be modified or cancelled. All of the little avatars for my family members are missing (minor I know but, uh, why).

The app and the website are identical for me. Same cancelled things show up there (when the site actually loads that is).

Room only res connected for next year. No tickets linked at this time.

I want to know why they would need to "rebuild" an account. Like... why? To me, that screams "something is fundamentally wrong with the way this software is planned and structured at a base level".

[etaP

Anyway... yes, I have multiple cancelled ADRs showing up on my account that cannot be modified or cancelled. All of the little avatars for my family members are missing (minor I know but, uh, why).

The app and the website are identical for me. Same cancelled things show up there (when the site actually loads that is).

Room only res connected for next year. No tickets linked at this time.

There are several of us- including the OP :)

I was told that everything you ever do stays on your MDE and at some point it gets overloaded. Canceled ADR's, canceled fp, canceled resort reservations, old MB's and photos - in addition to those that you keep and use; they all stay in your account. Since I visited 3/4 (sometimes more) times a year, some trips were the 3 of us other times 6 of us when my sil, niece & nephew joined us and other times it was our spring big family vacation with anywhere form 6/10 of us. Nothing is ever "cleaned out" and this caused my MDE to break due to overload of data.

I do admit that I changed resort reservations more than most (probably?) as our party size changed and we would often change and or split stays due to the party size changing.

I had major issues those couple days that everyone did but right now things seem to be working fine for me. My FPs, ADRs and resort reservations are showing.

There are several of us- including the OP :)

I was told that everything you ever do stays on your MDE and at some point it gets overloaded. Canceled ADR's, canceled fp, canceled resort reservations, old MB's and photos - in addition to those that you keep and use; they all stay in your account. Since I visited 3/4 (sometimes more) times a year, some trips were the 3 of us other times 6 of us when my sil, niece & nephew joined us and other times it was our spring big family vacation with anywhere form 6/10 of us. Nothing is ever "cleaned out" and this caused my MDE to break due to overload of data.

I do admit that I changed resort reservations more than most (probably?) as our party size changed and we would often change and or split stays due to the party size changing.

I understand but my "why" is that their database should not get "overloaded". It's a programming flaw, sloppy. The database should scale... having previous archived data should not make everything break. You should not have had to spend time on the phone while they pretend that's normal, you as a paying customer deserve software that works as advertised, especially since they are basically forcing you to use it.

Mine is completely screwed up.

One booking says (Multiple resorts)
Cancelled one shows
All old ADRs are there which were cancelled.
Multiple listings of tickets.
Some reservations that were cancelled still show DDP.

Called once about 3 weeks ago. They fixed everything. Was ok until I logged off. Next day everything was back.

I was told it will be repaired by next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter