Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

Mdktf

You gotta love Mickey waffles!
So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, if you are DVC you are invested in Disney and the room/villa makes a huge part of your vacation. The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. For a comparable amount of points WLV eats it alive and I would choose BWV any day over it. We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there. It is not comparable to the Contemporary Resort, that is stunning and the rooms are beautiful. Any thoughts?!

Last edited:
BLT is one of our holdings and unfortunately we feel the same way. It feels like any hotel room anywhere to us and not worth the stay for WDW. The great thing about DVC and WDW is that there are so many resorts to pick from, finding the ones you love is a sure bet.

:earsboy: Bill

From what I understand the 1BRs and 2BRs there have an additional full bathroom and are quite roomy. While we haven't stayed at BLT yet, we plan to try for a 2BR in the future and the walking access to MK and easy access to TOTWL are definite draws, especially with little ones. Not everyone buys DVC for the same reason and I imagine there are many who are quite happy with a studio just steps away from MK. We bought for the larger villas and have really enjoyed everywhere we've stayed so far. Love that there are so many options for different types of people and preferences.

We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there.

I'm sure you are aware that many people really love staying at BLT. Your over-the-top comments make me think you are more interested in :stir: than in offering a helpful opinion.

Different strokes for different folks. Thanks for sharing you opinion.

yeahthat.gif

We do , as much as we can. Standard view, some of the times we get a room where we can see the fireworks. Walking from MK is wonderful.

For my DH and I it's fine.

Us too! The fact that we can walk to MK and watch fireworks from the resort (or our room if we get a room where we can see them) makes it all worth it! And I don't mind the decor either!!

BLT is our home, and we really liked the studio. My wife and I stayed there with our son, and we liked the unique setup. If our daughter was also with us, I think it would be too small for more than a couple of nights, but for three of us, it was perfect, and for only 2, it would be even better. Describing it as unbearable and like a prison cell is more than slightly ridic. Also, the ability to walk to MK is really invaluable, IMO. We adore BLT, which is why we bought there. :)

My husband and I just did a Kidani, CCV, BLT split stay in April, all studios, and we enjoyed our time at BLT. It wasn't my favorite studio, I found the color scheme odd, and our room was worn, but to compare it to a prison cell is absurd. I would absolutely stay there again.

One feature that I like about a BLT studio is the kitchenette. I like the pull out shelves in it, and I like that it is its own space. I also like the vanity in the bathroom. We once had our then 7 year old DGS with us, we all were fine in the studio. I do try to book standard view, or lake view. We have not had theme park view.

I do not particularly like the pool at BLT, and that is really my only negative. It’s not large enough or deep enough IMO.

We own 100 BLT points, not a whole lot, but those are points that we use exclusively at BLT at 11 months. We have a two bedroom booked for December to see the special fireworks at MK on December 30!

I'm sure you are aware that many people really love staying at BLT. Your over-the-top comments make me think you are more interested in :stir: than in offering a helpful opinion.
Who said my opinion was to be helpful?! I am venting my frustration and asking if anyone shares that thought.

I stayed in a studio on a solo trip, not bad. Nice to walk to MK. I was on the north side (lake view but could see MK) and it was a long walk to the monorail for Epcot. I would think it would be OK for a couple, but not more than that.

The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic

Hmm. I’ve stayed in a studio for a total of...8 nights over two trips I believe...with another adult, and it was fine. Nothing shocking, unbearable unbelievable or prison-cell-like about it. Didn’t feel it was drab or basic, either.

We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points.

Well that’s too bad. Like you literally didn’t spend one night there? I’m stunned by that.

The only reason I look beyond bay lake (where I own) is because the lobby scent is overwhelming for my sensitive lungs, and the barn door bathroom door. Since I stay there with my cousin, and we like our privacy, it’s must a bit too “open” for me. Though it isn’t open. I just dislike those barn door doors for bathrooms. Give me a pocket door line at grand flo villas.

Hmm. I’ve stayed in a studio for a total of...8 nights over two trips I believe...with another adult, and it was fine. Nothing shocking, unbearable unbelievable or prison-cell-like about it. Didn’t feel it was drab or basic, either.

Well that’s too bad. Like you literally didn’t spend one night there? I’m stunned by that.

The only reason I look beyond bay lake (where I own) is because the lobby scent is overwhelming for my sensitive lungs, and the barn door bathroom door. Since I stay there with my cousin, and we like our privacy, it’s must a bit too “open” for me. Though it isn’t open. I just dislike those barn door doors for bathrooms. Give me a pocket door line at grand flo villas.

That lobby scent was my biggest issue at BLT. I don't have any scent or lung sensitivities at all but getting anywhere near that lobby really bothered me.

DH and I stayed in a studio at BLT for 3 nights and felt it was just fine for the 2 of us and I liked the layout with the galley kitchen area. My one negative was it was noisy but our room was first studio off the skyway bridge. I wouldn't want to have more than a couple or a couple with a little kid in one of those studios. They are more spacious than a cruise ship cabin and we cruise a lot so we're fine with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter