Who to contact at Disney Corporate to get licensed for buiness

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I really couldn't figure out a board to put this on so please move if necessary. I thought I needed a tip so on the tips board it goes.

I have been strongly considering starting a business of my own for painting murals and the like in children's rooms. My son's is almost done. It's quite an elaborate Lion King room. I mean ELABORATE ! But since I considered it my resume of sorts, I wanted to go all out. Now as far as abilities, I know Disney would have no problems with me being able to make exact drawings of the characters because I can do that with no trouble, but I know I'd need licensing if I wanted to get paid for it and do it in other's homes. I thought they might want to keep close control fo how their characters are portrayed. I haven't got a clue where to start calling about the prospect. I've never worked for myslef before. Always been in service to "the man!" I don't want to limit myself to Disney paintings but I know I'll be asked. Especially after people see my son's room.

What's kind of neat is my boss has seen his room and us quite nervous I'll quit my design job to do this. ;)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I'm not sure who you can contact but I found this number for the Disney Legal Department:

Disney Legal Department, call 407-828-1750

I'm pretty sure that if you give them a ring, they can direct you to the proper people, or atleast give you contact information.

Best of luck with this new venture - I'd love to see a picture of your son's room if you ever get around to it!!

I'll post some pics when I take some soon. Its' almost done. I just have finishing details to do and then seal the whole room to protect the paint.

You are very sweet!!! TAHNKS!:wave: :wave: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter