Whole day for Knott's?

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone. We will be trying out KBF for the first time during our trip at the end of January. I have looked at the rides and shows, and I am curious about a few things. We are not big on "thrill" rides that are not coasters; no swings 300ft in the air, no rides that launch, spin, suspend, or dunk in water. We love roller coasters, however, and are hoping to experience something new after years of only Disney and Universal parks.

We are traveling with adults and teens only, so we won't be visiting any kids' rides. We also aren't interested in shows or parades. That being said, can anyone suggest how much time we might need to experience all the major coasters? Also, can those of you who are experienced make ride suggestions? The ones we are pretty sure that we want to try are:
Xcelerator
Ghostrider
Montezooma's Revenge
Silver Bullet
and
Jaguar

I am wondering if it is possible to spend the morning at KBF and then the evening in DTD.

TIA!

Hello everyone. We will be trying out KBF for the first time during our trip at the end of January. I have looked at the rides and shows, and I am curious about a few things. We are not big on "thrill" rides that are not coasters; no swings 300ft in the air, no rides that launch, spin, suspend, or dunk in water. We love roller coasters, however, and are hoping to experience something new after years of only Disney and Universal parks.

We are traveling with adults and teens only, so we won't be visiting any kids' rides. We also aren't interested in shows or parades. That being said, can anyone suggest how much time we might need to experience all the major coasters? Also, can those of you who are experienced make ride suggestions? The ones we are pretty sure that we want to try are:
Xcelerator
Ghostrider
Montezooma's Revenge
Silver Bullet
and
Jaguar

I am wondering if it is possible to spend the morning at KBF and then the evening in DTD.

TIA!

We went to Knott's during the summer in 2010 & wait times for rides weren't very long at all. The longest wait was for the wooden coaster. You could easily do the coasters in the morning & be back over the DL for the evening. We went with 10 of us from 3yrs old to 75yrs old. Our grown sons (all in their early 20's) love thrill rides but after 3 hrs were ready to leave. Most of the group left after just a couple hours. A couple of us stayed to try a few more rides....but we actually wished we had left with the group.

If you get a chance to eat at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner restaurant.....DO!!! Best part of our entire day!!! You get a huge meal for a decent price & they food is the bomb!!!!!!

If you limit yourself a lot, getting to DTD for the evening is very possible. If you are there at opening you can get a few coasters done in the first hour. I'm sure you can get your list done, do some twice and try some other things or at least look around.

I would also suggest riding Timber Mountain, it's a classic log ride.

End of January? Oh yeah, you'll have no problem accomplishing everything on your list in a few hours. My husband and I went on a weekend day in the off season and our longest wait was 20 minutes or so. Silver Bullet was a walk on...we rode it over and over again. We were basically the only ones in line for things like Montezuma's Revenge. Do Ghostrider early if you can. That one can get the longest line. It's ROUGH. My husband and I are both physically fit in our 20's and I thought I was physically experiencing the symptoms of a heart attack while on it. It really affected us. Halfway through the ride we were kind of regretting the decision, and we aren't wimps by any means! We love coasters, but that one just REALLY bangs you up!!!
If you go on a weekday, the park closes at 6 anyway, so you couldn't stay too late if you tried ;) I think we stayed for maybe three hours and then had lunch at the Chicken Dinner place.

Xcelerator starts you off with what can only be described as a launch.

I wouldn't miss the Log Ride - mildly thrilling, and the Mine Ride- not - but they're both classics

Thank you so much for the replies, everyone! We are now deciding between Friday the 27th or Saturday the 28th for a morning in KBF and then we will head back to DL for the evening.

Xcelerator starts you off with what can only be described as a launch.

I wouldn't miss the Log Ride - mildly thrilling, and the Mine Ride- not - but they're both classics
I should have specified launching as in a non-roller coaster manner. :goodvibes
How wet do you get on the log ride? We might try that, as we love rides like Splash Mountain and Universal's Jurassic Park ride.

I took my first trip to Knotts Berry Farm on Labor Day. If the lines are short, you may want to add Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder to the list of coasters to ride. Both are "family" coasters, but fun. Pony Express for the unique riding position and Sierra Sidewinder for the spinning.

In the thrill ride area, Windseeker is not an extreme thrill ride, and the view from 300 ft. up in good. Even being the new ride, the wait wan't bad.

All that being said, if what you want is Roller Coasters, it might be worthwhile to make the Drive up north of Los Angelas to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It has 17 coasters compared to 9 and has big coasters found no where else in the country.

That being said, Crowds at Magic Mountain I've heard can be a problem. Lines weren't too bad the day I went. I enjoy roller coasters, but has I've gotten older, I need to space the rides out more. I could have used a second day in the park. Not for the crowds Sunday after Labor Day. But to be able to space my rides out more. It is also not as clean or well themed as Knotts or Disneyland.

I am thining of doing KBF too for the first time and was wondering if anybody has used the shuttle that gets u there and what time does it pick you up??? Also how is the end of june there?

We often go to Knotts and then to DL/DCA/DTD for the evening. We arrive at Knotts early AM, ride our favorites then exit the park, grab some chicken and pies to go from Knotts Diner at eat at the tables just outside the south park gates. Then we reenter Knotts and go on a few more rides and head to Disneyland for the rest of the evening.

Favorite coaster is Silver Bullet. Very similar to Magic Mountains Batman but must larger and tons of fun. Montezuma's Revenge is best after dark as you can't see the track ahead of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter