Whole Food Plant Based / Eat To Live

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
Is there a thread for people following the WFPB or ETL programs. I actually like both Dr. Campbell and Dr. Fuhrman. I have been using their books as guides the last two months, and would love to talk to others who are doing this as well.

I just started about three weeks ago. I have been vegan for two years, but I was eating every vegan treat and snack that exists. Yup....I'm one of those vegans who gained a ton of weight.

For the past three weeks I haven't touched processed foods. I eat large, beautiful salads, fruits and beans. I have never felt better. My cravings are gone. I still wish I could have the garbage when I see it, but otherwise I don't even think about it.

Have you seen Forks over Knives? Such a great documentary.

Oh Forks Over Knives started me on this journey!!!! And Plantpure Nation is also good. I have been a vegetarian most of my life, but I was a junk food vegetarian and weighed enough to classify me as obese. I am now at an acceptable weight (but I still want to lose 14 more pounds). This is starting my 3rd month on WFPB and it is really helping. I was also able to drop several medications. It is nice to 'meet' you :)

I keep attempting to go WFPB but I keep finding myself buying all the vegan junk food. :oops: I've been vegetarian for a few years now and I'm mostly vegan now (I have been known to give into the all mighty DQ Blizzard when my FIL buys me one). Maybe having a community of folks who are also WFPB will help me say no to those delicious oreos and pints of cashew milk ice cream.

I am at the same place. I have been trying to be WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based) since May (but nondairy ice cream is so good!). I am trying to follow Dr. Fuhrman's plan from his book EAT To LIVE. I belong to a very active FB group that has been a big help. I was hoping there was a Disney group on here, but it doesn't seem to be a thing here yet. It would be great to get advice from others who have visited Disney and tried to follow WFPB. Maybe more will join us eventually :)

Is this thread still active? I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with WHPB options at Disney World? Being Vegan is a piece of cake compared to this diet

It does take a lot of work. I think on vacation you just have to do the best you can. Try taking some Lara Bars to snack on and buy fruit at the stands in the parks. But for meals, I think you just have to do the best you can.

I try to stick to WFPB for the most part. Vegan for 2 years.GF for 1 year. It is harder at the parks unless you are a very assertive person and can push for what you want when there.

I really have found that all restaurants we have dined at, with the exception of the newish grill at Wilderness Lodge (boy I can’t remember the name) were very accommodating to any request we had!!! I started eating vegan for health reasons just before our trip this past May. It was a wonderful experience! Switched to WFPBNO just after and it was a breeze. Can’t wait for our next trip, again in May to see what the chefs can create! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!