• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's taken kids to PI?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
Just curious, who's taken kids to PI, what ages were they and did they enjoy it? The reason I ask, I just read the passporter newsletter and their daughter who's age 10 wrote that she enjoyed Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Club. Now, I realize that the smoking, open alcohol use and what not are not what alot of people feel is a good atmosphere for an 8 year old, but my daughter is very mature, has a very grown up sense of humor and I was thinking of taking her there on our next trip in Feb. Mind you, I would just do the earlier part of the night as I know the humor get much more adult themed as it gets later. SO, who's taken kids -say 8-10 years old and did they like it?

Your 8 yr old daughter would probably have a much more fun time at Disney Quest rather than Pleasure Island. Or Cirque du Soleil. PI is really an adult place and not for small children like your daughter.

When we were at the Adventurer's Club (the only place there that I could possibly imagine appealing to pre-teens or younger), there were a couple of kids there, probably around that age. I have to say that it did make me slightly uncomfortable. There were a lot of off-color jokes, and although I found them very funny, I couldn't help a few sidelong glances at the kids, wondering uneasily how much they understood. None of my business, I know, but it was a bit distracting, so I must agree with Deb & Bill...not a place for children, no matter what their emotional maturity level.

Incidentally, the jokes, at least at the Adventurer's Club, aren't any milder at the beginning of the evening. They pretty much do the same shows on a loop, so you'll get the same adult humor early in the evening as you would later.

There are an abundance of other, more age-appropriate activities at WDW that would appeal to your daughter, both inside and outside the parks. I'd stick with those...JMHO.

I wouldn't take or suggest taking a child to PI. It is a series of bars and night clubs and the "festivities" spill out into the street. The street vendors here aren't selling popcorn but a variety of alcoholic drinks. If you wouldn't take your child to a bar at home then you probably won't be comfy at PI either. Although the entertainers try and tone things down a bit if a child is present most would still consider it inappropriate. There are so many more appropriate things to do at WDW that its just not necessary. If you really want to try PI why not try out one of the kids clubs. My girls love that they get a place of their own while the adults go out for a night. You can check out all of DTD including PI during the day but really its just bars with live entertainment outside.

HTH
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter