Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

PandaRuthy

Earning My Ears
Hey friends! :) Do you love Disney Villains? Have you ever wondered which stepmother is the most evil? Or thought about which villain came closest to stealing the throne? Or how about which villain is the most "extra"? YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I made a video of my analyzing and fangirling over all the Disney Villains! I would really appreciate you checking it out <3

Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

Let me know in the comments!

Very tough question. Dr. Facilier comes to mind first as being one of the most evil and fun. Hades was hilarious. Cruella was, well, cruel. Those would probably be my top 3.

I was six. "Sleeping Beauty" was in re-release. My dad took me to the theater - the first time it was just the two of us. We got everything; popcorn, Bon Bon's, a box of M&M's and a hot dog. I convinced him to sit right up front.

I was SO into that movie. Maleficent was so scary that we moved back about five rows right after her first appearance. During the fight with Phillip my dad says I was leaning so far over the seats in front of us he thought I was going to fall over. "And now you shall deal with me, o prince and all the powers of hell!"

And I threw up.

But my favorite? Ursula. Pat Carroll and that song! Just the best.

Very tough question. Dr. Facilier comes to mind first as being one of the most evil and fun. Hades was hilarious. Cruella was, well, cruel. Those would probably be my top 3.
All three of those are great! I definitely think Cruella and Hades throw the best tantrums- with Hades turning red and Cruella with "Blast this pen! Blast this wretched, wretched pen!" Haha! I also like Dr. Facilier :)

I was six. "Sleeping Beauty" was in re-release. My dad took me to the theater - the first time it was just the two of us. We got everything; popcorn, Bon Bon's, a box of M&M's and a hot dog. I convinced him to sit right up front.

I was SO into that movie. Maleficent was so scary that we moved back about five rows right after her first appearance. During the fight with Phillip my dad says I was leaning so far over the seats in front of us he thought I was going to fall over. "And now you shall deal with me, o prince and all the powers of hell!"

And I threw up.

But my favorite? Ursula. Pat Carroll and that song! Just the best.
OH MY GOSH THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL STORY! <3 I am so happy you have such a great memory of you and your dad at that movie- it seems like quite the experience :) I agree that Maleficent is one of the scariest villains in Disney- and yes! I love "Poor Unfortunate Souls" too!

Don't have time now to watch the video, but my favourites are those who are evil without magic. What are Maleficent, Ursula, or Jafar without their magic? Those who can control their lead psychologically, those are more realistic and scarier. Think: Frollo, Lady Tremaine, Scar, Gaston, and Mother Gothel (she has magic, but she doesn't use it to control Rapunzel)

I think Facilier has a great song, but is not a well written villain as he has hardly a relation with the lead. Most are related, or have a very close connection to the lead. I think it helps if the villain and the lead are family, as this gives an extra dimension of drama, but it's not necessary. Gaston, Jafar, but also Buddy Pine in the Incredibles are all great villains without being related to the leads. However, these men are all obsessed with their leads, or know how they can be of use to them.

Evil Queen = Stepmother to Snow White
Maleficent = Also a bit vague, but at least she knew Aurora's parents (sort of :P )
Lady Tremaine = Stepmother to Cinderella.
Ursula = Banned by Ariel's father, like Maleficent, it makes sense that she goes after the daughter to attack Triton where it really hurts.
Gaston = Belle's suitor
Jafar = Servant to Jasmine's father
Scar = uncle to Simba
Frollo = Surrogate father to Quasimodo
Hades = Uncle + prophecy that Hercules will bring him down.
Mother Gothel = Surrogate mother to Rapunzel

Facilier wants to take over New Orleans, take the place of Big Daddy who is the father of the lead's best friend, and he does that by going after potential suitor and servant of said lead's best friend. A bit far fetched in my opinion. Without Tiana, Dr. Facilier could still carry out most of his plan. She is not part of the plan in any way, she just happens to come by at the wrong moment.

Other weak villain is Ratcliff for the same reason, he and Pocahontas have no connection. I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I even wonder if they ever talk/meet? They have completely separate plotlines. Shen Yu in Mulan has similar issues, and also Hades in Hercules a bit, because Hades knows about Hercules, but not the other way around.

Captain Hook. (Who is not a villain. Poor guy was just trying to make a dishonest living then that Pan brat showed up...)
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! Not only did Captain Hook lose his hand to that flying boy, but now he is being constantly perused by the crocodile (WHO TICKS WHEN IT APPROACHES basically representing his inevitable death...) I remember even when I was young I felt sorry for Captain Hook when I watched that movie- he was scared and vengeful and those are very relatable characteristics

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! Not only did Captain Hook lose his hand to that flying boy, but now he is being constantly perused by the crocodile (WHO TICKS WHEN IT APPROACHES basically representing his inevitable death...) I remember even when I was young I felt sorry for Captain Hook when I watched that movie- he was scared and vengeful and those are very relatable characteristics

But it's not like Captain Hook was a nice guy to begin with, so you reap what you sow, you know? That said, Peter Pan is no hero - I think he may be a sociopath. Actually, the only person in that entire movie who acts with any hint of responsibility or common sense is Nana, the dog. Checked-out parents, a jealously murderous fairy, the aforementioned sociopath of a boy who wants to kidnap someone to be his..."mother?," the girl who just goes along with that, her brothers who are mental space-cadets, crazy mermaids, slightly incompetent pirates - goodness, that movie is just so full of crazy! That's not to say I dislike it - it's beautiful it its way, but it sure is weird!

But it's not like Captain Hook was a nice guy to begin with, so you reap what you sow, you know? That said, Peter Pan is no hero - I think he may be a sociopath. Actually, the only person in that entire movie who acts with any hint of responsibility or common sense is Nana, the dog. Checked-out parents, a jealously murderous fairy, the aforementioned sociopath of a boy who wants to kidnap someone to be his..."mother?," the girl who just goes along with that, her brothers who are mental space-cadets, crazy mermaids, slightly incompetent pirates - goodness, that movie is just so full of crazy! That's not to say I dislike it - it's beautiful it its way, but it sure is weird!
Best summary of Peter Pan ever!!!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Judge Claude Frollo
A Bug's Life - Hopper
Maleficent - of course!

Gaston. He didn't need magic to accomplish anything, but he would do anything to have what he wanted. He was so manipulative, that most people followed along and didn't realize that he was bad. Even Maurice liked him at first.
And I had a roommate who looked a lot like him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter