Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

I love all the Disney Villains! My ultimate Disney trip would include a Villains character meal. I know they had one years ago but if Disney ever brought that back, I would make a special trip.

Frollo is deffinity one of the most complex villains. He envisions himself as a good man, a pious man. He doesn't see what he does as wrong, so much as in line with the natural order or even the will of God. He doesn't understand some of the feelings he has and his song is among the darkest and most interesting villain songs.

Also, welcome to the DIS! Stick around and have fun.
:welcome:
Thank you BrianL. Disney was here for me my entire life. It gave me optimism, laughs, crushes, imagination, and hope. I am forever grateful to the Man who started it all.
About Frollo, I think he is the most complex of all the villains, especially in my eyes. In the book -- SPOILER -- he really loved Esmeralda, deeply, and in erotic way, but he loved her entire inner being too. He even compares her with Virgin Mary, which in a POV of a priest says a lot. Here, he lusted after her, and go mad over her, but I was kind of dissapointed that at the end, he really wanted her dead.
Yes about that too, he thought he was the hand of God "And He shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit!!", his exectutioner. Sorry about the bad english, it's not my native :) Greetings, such a lovely & fun place to be at! :rainbow:

Thank you BrianL. Disney was here for me my entire life. It gave me optimism, laughs, crushes, imagination, and hope. I am forever grateful to the Man who started it all.
About Frollo, I think he is the most complex of all the villains, especially in my eyes. In the book -- SPOILER -- he really loved Esmeralda, deeply, and in erotic way, but he loved her entire inner being too. He even compares her with Virgin Mary, which in a POV of a priest says a lot. Here, he lusted after her, and go mad over her, but I was kind of dissapointed that at the end, he really wanted her dead.
Yes about that too, he thought he was the hand of God "And He shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit!!", his exectutioner. Sorry about the bad english, it's not my native :) Greetings, such a lovely & fun place to be at! :rainbow:

Yes - I think part of it is like a jealousy of how free she is and that innate human desire to be like that, but at the same time he was dedicated to his societal norms and the tenets of the church. It's almost surprising that Disney went as far with it as they did.

Your English is fine - no worries here!

Yes - I think part of it is like a jealousy of how free she is and that innate human desire to be like that, but at the same time he was dedicated to his societal norms and the tenets of the church. It's almost surprising that Disney went as far with it as they did.

Your English is fine - no worries here!
True. She was everything he wasn't -- free, loved. and good. I don't think he ever was loved by someone. I mean truly. Sure, Quasimodo was his adopted like son, but he feared him, not loved him. Maybe if he was loved, he would recognised his mistakes and faults. You know, love transforms and enlightens...oh well. I think he was a virgin too -- that is why he took it so hard lusting after a woman, because it didn't happened to him ever before. Kind of I wonder why would someone live like that. Oh well, he wouldn't be a villain if he was good. Disney was very bold with this one. I admire them. The new movies don't appeal to me too much. I find some of them uninspiring, but still watch them I will continue to do so.

"Whoa, is my hair out?" - Hades. James Woods was great. I read somewhere that he ad-libbed a lot of his lines. Too bad he didn't get a villain song.

"Whoa, is my hair out?" - Hades. James Woods was great. I read somewhere that he ad-libbed a lot of his lines. Too bad he didn't get a villain song.
Have you seen the series? He has 2 songs there, and he is not a great singer, so I do think they made the right decision ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter