Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

Gaston. He didn't need magic to accomplish anything, but he would do anything to have what he wanted. He was so manipulative, that most people followed along and didn't realize that he was bad. Even Maurice liked him at first.
And I had a roommate who looked a lot like him.

The interesting thing about Gaston is that he wouldn't necessarily even be a villain if all he wanted to do was protect the town from The Beast. That was sort of his role. What he pulled on Maurice though is what really makes him a low-down scoundrel.

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Gaston is that he wouldn't necessarily even be a villain if all he wanted to do was protect the town from The Beast. That was sort of his role. What he pulle don Maurice though is what really makes him a low-down scoundrel.
But it was never about protecting the town. He saw the Beast as competition, and he preyed off the people's fears to get them to help him eliminate the competition.

But it was never about protecting the town. He saw the Beast as competition, and he preyed off the people's fears to get them to help him eliminate the competition.

We know that as outside observers, but you can't really expect someone from that time to see a beast like that and understand that it means no harm. His reaction there doesn't necessarily make him evil - certainly brash though. To him it was no different than a giant bear that was a threat to the townsfolk or the farms. He'd be expected to take care of that. His other actions though do reveal him as the villain that he is.

But it's not like Captain Hook was a nice guy to begin with, so you reap what you sow, you know? That said, Peter Pan is no hero - I think he may be a sociopath. Actually, the only person in that entire movie who acts with any hint of responsibility or common sense is Nana, the dog. Checked-out parents, a jealously murderous fairy, the aforementioned sociopath of a boy who wants to kidnap someone to be his..."mother?," the girl who just goes along with that, her brothers who are mental space-cadets, crazy mermaids, slightly incompetent pirates - goodness, that movie is just so full of crazy! That's not to say I dislike it - it's beautiful it its way, but it sure is weird!
Wow, you people read too much into this! Just enjoy it for what it is.

Wow, you people read too much into this! Just enjoy it for what it is.

Oh, we're enjoying it. I really love Peter Pan as a film - it's gorgeous and a lot of fun! The character of Peter Pan though is s bit suspect though - it might be boring though if it weren't.

Gaston. He didn't need magic to accomplish anything, but he would do anything to have what he wanted. He was so manipulative, that most people followed along and didn't realize that he was bad. Even Maurice liked him at first.
And I had a roommate who looked a lot like him.
Oh, I also like Gaston! And you are lucky to have such a roommate :)

Brom Bones/Headless Horseman (if him) in Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Has to be the one villain that wins in the end right?

Last edited:
Hey friends! :) Do you love Disney Villains? Have you ever wondered which stepmother is the most evil? Or thought about which villain came closest to stealing the throne? Or how about which villain is the most "extra"? YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I made a video of my analyzing and fangirling over all the Disney Villains! I would really appreciate you checking it out <3

Who's your favorite Disney Villain?

Let me know in the comments!

Jolie's Maleficent I think is my fave, mostly because of the second movie. Her motivations, history and, ultimately, sacrifice made her incredibly appealing to me. Hook is also awesome, in all forms.

As a kid, I think Ursula might have been my fave villain but she really is an actual villain, unlike Maleficent. Or Oogie Boogie, because he was creepy & cool!

The interesting thing about Gaston is that he wouldn't necessarily even be a villain if all he wanted to do was protect the town from The Beast. That was sort of his role. What he pulle don Maurice though is what really makes him a low-down scoundrel.

Personally, I think he qualifies as "villain" for not taking no for an answer in the first place.

Personally, I think he qualifies as "villain" for not taking no for an answer in the first place.

Oh, he definitely was a villain, I just meant that his desire to protect everyone from the beast wouldn't make him such in th eyes of the townspeople. He went beyond that simple motivation though and did some very nasty things - but if that situation doesn't come up he's not "evil" or anything.

Oh, he definitely was a villain, I just meant that his desire to protect everyone from the beast wouldn't make him such in th eyes of the townspeople. He went beyond that simple motivation though and did some very nasty things - but if that situation doesn't come up he's not "evil" or anything.
True, just an arrogant tosser 😉

This may be somewhat of an unpopular opinion but Hans is my favourite. I personally enjoyed the plot twist villain concept in Frozen and liked some of his sassier comments ex. “you slipped on ice.”

This may be somewhat of an unpopular opinion but Hans is my favourite. I personally enjoyed the plot twist villain concept in Frozen and liked some of his sassier comments ex. “you slipped on ice.”
Me and some friends were discussing him yesterday and the reactions in the cinema when he said "if only there was someone out there who loved you".

Chernabog - cause he is evil incarnated and probably where all other villains draw inspiration from. Also I think Night on Bald Mountain is a beautiful haunting classical masterpiece and Disney perfected it with their animation in Fantasia. It suited the piece perfectly.
Maleficent - she made a big impression on me as a kid and still today and I really love the art style of Sleeping Beauty besides she turn into a dragon.
Scar - so sarcastic and charming at the same time.
Jafar and Iago - Not a populair opinion but I really liked Iago as a kid and think he is still funny and he and Jafar are a funny duo in my opinion. I also liked Iago in the Aladdin series and the return of Jafar.
Claude Frollo - I just love the song Hellfire.

Hahah!!! LOVE Disney villains, always a crush on the bad guy :D Favorites are Claude Frollo, Hades and Jafar. Frollo had this amazing voice and clothes, and motivation, and song. His character is originally as you know the Archdeacon from the Hugo novel "Notre Dame de Paris". I've heard a lot of complains by the hard core fans, saying all the time how they made him a villain, but he wasn't a saint in the book too.
I also love the way he is drawn. Ooooh, I miss SO much 2D animation. :rolleyes::rainbow:

Hahah!!! LOVE Disney villains, always a crush on the bad guy :D Favorites are Claude Frollo, Hades and Jafar. Frollo had this amazing voice and clothes, and motivation, and song. His character is originally as you know the Archdeacon from the Hugo novel "Notre Dame de Paris". I've heard a lot of complains by the hard core fans, saying all the time how they made him a villain, but he wasn't a saint in the book too.
I also love the way he is drawn. Ooooh, I miss SO much 2D animation. :rolleyes::rainbow:

Frollo is deffinity one of the most complex villains. He envisions himself as a good man, a pious man. He doesn't see what he does as wrong, so much as in line with the natural order or even the will of God. He doesn't understand some of the feelings he has and his song is among the darkest and most interesting villain songs.

Also, welcome to the DIS! Stick around and have fun.
:welcome:

The female car from Cars 3. Speeds Esposito, or whatever they called her. Not a true villain I get it but inasmuch as the character ruined the franchise, to me it’s a villain,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter