Why did oswald dissappear

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
One of my favorite photos was one that my mom and I got with Oswald, about 4 or 5 years ago. Why has he disappeared, Disney made such a deal of regaing the rights to him, I don't know if the merch has disappeared too, I got a really cool Oswald tshirt that trip too. I wish they would bring him back.

He’s been out periodically (we saw him once in the fall), and they still have some merch.

I think he’s mostly a victim of budget cuts, but hopefully he’ll be back this summer. We do love meeting Oswald!

Last time we saw him was in July of 2016. Also one of the favorite photos i have of my daughter with a character.

He does come out more on Easter! But I wish it was more often, he’s one of the few we haven’t met and we always hunt for him.

Oswald is off traveling the world and having adventures. He briefly joined Cirque du Soleil while in Montreal, and spent some time visiting the island of bunnies in Japan. I got a postcard from him just last week - he was having Caipirinhas in Brazil. Hopefully, he'll be back to Disneyland in time for Easter. ;)

I saw him out many of my trip days in May and June 2019. I think he's one of the characters that doesn't necessarily appear on the app when he is doing M&Gs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!