• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why everybody should read this forum.

leebob

Earning My Ears
I've never posted on this section of Disboards before. However I came across it this evening and I believe it can teach us all a lesson. You see, I had just got in from work and I was complaining about being tired. My girlfriend told me that all I had done today was complain about everything. Reading this forum, I realised that I really have no reason to complain about anything.
So many people in this world suffer tragic losses and have issues that seem almost impossible to deal with and yet the spirit of the people who share their grief here is incredible and makes me feel quite ashamed about my constant nagging.
I suppose my point is that we all have days when we feel nothing is going right. However, sulking for hours because you missed a bus, for example, is pointless when you know that will be another bus. My heartfelt condolence goes out to all those who are upset for genuine reasons and I vow to myself not to worry about minor inconvenience and instead to praise my good fortune in the overall scheme of things.
Thanks for reading.

I agree. I have always told people....it can always be worse. There is always something to be greatful for.

Agreed! I was so frustrated last week when then was yet another bus thread on this site. I linked a very heartfelt thread posted by a long time poster about travelling to WDW with her mother in an ECV, and about her experiences and lengthy wait times.

Even after linking that thread, the responses were about how ECV users were gaming the system and getting ahead of everyone else.

Sometimes people need to take a step back and look around them.

I said once long ago here that many people may not post here, but do read here. Sometimes reading about other people's struggles helps them deal with their own, and sometimes as the OP says, it helps to put minor struggles into perspective.

leebob you are certainly right. I come here a lot too whenever I am really down in the dumps and weepy because reading about another's tragedies and losses helps put my troubles into better perspective.

Thanks for those sweet words Leebob.....there was such a need on the Dis for this board and I thank Pete for allowing us to have it and allowing me to moderate here..

Sometimes, this board lifts me up when I am down.. You sometimes think you are so alone going through something and yet you find there are others here that have similar issues and want to reach out to you... that just touches my heart..

So again, thanks for those very sweet words to all of us here who are in the midst of illness, tragedy, whatever it is we need to talk about.. we can talk about it here, safely, as I will not allow anything else..

Have a great day!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter