Why is it so difficult to make ADRs

webbmom

Mouseketeer
Ok I underdstand that you can book upto 180 days in advance. But what about those who only plan a few weeks in advance. We got the dinning plan which I am beginning to wonder about. I dont particularly care to eat breakfast at 8:55 followed by lunch at 11:35 and dinner at 9:05. :eek:

Sorry for the rant but this to me does not seem very "magical". :headache: I sepnt over 20 min on the phone with a cast memeber who could not even tell me about some of the resturants. I was looking them up faster on my laptop than he was. Which did not really matter because they were booked.

Any suggestions :flower3:

I ran into the same problem. Our first trip we booked 3 weeks before we left. I called maybe 2 weeks before and was totally shocked that I could get reservations no where. So when I planned our trip for last year I was up at 6am on our 180 day mark. This year I am panicked because I am still not booked and we are into our 180 window. I think I am going to go ahead and make the ADRs now because I know we are going I just don't have the money to book yet.

As far as suggestions I have read that calling frequently you might be able to get a reservation if someone has dropped one. Also if say you have a 9pm dinner ressie try showing up early and asking if they can seat you. These are just things I have read around here. Sorry you are having such trouble, I hope you get the ADRs you want.

As far as suggestions I have read that calling frequently you might be able to get a reservation if someone has dropped one. Also if say you have a 9pm dinner ressie try showing up early and asking if they can seat you. These are just things I have read around here. Sorry you are having such trouble, I hope you get the ADRs you want.

I'd actually NOT suggest showing up early, especially if you're going in Marc/April (Spring Break). You're likely to be missing quality park time waiting at a full restaurant.

Because lots of other people also have the dining plan, and many of them were able to book earlier. They were able to get the most popular restaurants and times. If you come in later, you're going to have more difficulty.

I say keep trying I cancelled some ADR's yesterday..even CRT at 5:30. I had to rebook due to adding the dining plan and I was able to get another 5:30 CRT. Keep trying online. I am going on right now to try and get a few more.

I don't know..I made ADR's last week, and another just yesterday..all for the end of next month..I had no problem at all getting the ADR's we wanted, it was a breeze. Of course it was done online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter