Why is my under-16 teen showing as "people I do not have plans with" on my MDE account?

Kpw510

Earning My Ears
I created my MDE account 3 years ago when my daughter was 11. While my husband and I are still linked on my MDE account, our daughter who will be 15 at the time of our trip next year is now showing as "people I do not have plans with".

I've linked our tickets, but it tells me I need to "Invite" her via email to my account. When I tried to accept it for her on her email, it said she needed to create her own MDE account first. However, YOU HAVE TO BE 16 to create an MDE account. So it wouldn't let us create an MDE account for her!

Help! I'm stuck in this Catch 22 loop. I've tried searching a solution in several places but haven't seen this particular issue come up. Thanks all!

Can you add her as a "new" guest in MDE, reassign everything to her new guest, and then delete the old one?
I started that process but because it was duplicate information, when the "are you sure you want to create this duplicate name" warning popped up, I saw that it said under my daughter's existing name "plans managed by me". So I hit cancel and while her original name is still there, now it's deleted her thumbnail picture. Ugh!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter