Why will Studios be so crowded in EARLY June?

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hi! I was just revisiting my vacation plans for the first week of June, and Touring Plans has raised the crowd estimates for Hollywood Studios significantly, with two of the days now being listed as 10s. What gives? Toy Story doesn't open until after this, so what's the draw?

Thanks for any insights!

People might've already had trips scheduled in anticipation that Toy Story would be open by then and can't reschedule maybe

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't put too much stock behind any crowd calendar. A 10 would be NYE crowds, it won't be NYE crowds. But if you're going by crowd calendar numbers, I wouldn't say there's any day lower than a 6

I am wondering the same thing and the only thing I can think of is maybe people are hoping for a soft opening or maybe a lot are AP holders hoping for an invitation to try out things.

Are you basing this on crowd calendars specific to DHS? If so, then it might be that the people doing the calendars are expecting people to be going to try and get glimpses of TSL. I know when I was there in January, I could see some of TSL occasionally on ToT.

Hi! I was just revisiting my vacation plans for the first week of June, and Touring Plans has raised the crowd estimates for Hollywood Studios significantly, with two of the days now being listed as 10s. What gives? Toy Story doesn't open until after this, so what's the draw?

Thanks for any insights!

They're taking a wild guess....as always.

Most thought Toy Story Land would open Memorial Day weekend and follow the pattern of Pandora. I think many people made vacation plans hoping that would be true and that's why the numbers are so high.

Most thought Toy Story Land would open Memorial Day weekend and follow the pattern of Pandora. I think many people made vacation plans hoping that would be true and that's why the numbers are so high.

Would Touring Plans have access to the number of resort rooms booked onsite and at partner hotels?

And if they don't, then are they just guessing?

Would Touring Plans have access to the number of resort rooms booked onsite and at partner hotels?

And if they don't, then are they just guessing?

Other than the ones people have entered themselves, I doubt it. That being said, the numbers did surprise me as well. But, thinking about it with the reduced capacity and possibility of no TSMM or it running partially, the waits could "feel" like a level 10 day even if the actual crowd feel is much lower. It's all theoretical until the day of so I guess I'll see with my own eyes.

We'll be there June 2-8. On my dates only the 3rd & 4th are rated a 10; one being an EMH morning day. Not sure why the other day is a 10. I know they go by wait times in lines instead of # of people, and there just isn't as many "rides" in HS right now.

Well, this is a little disheartening. LOL. Our HS day is set to be June 4th. Hopefully they're just a -touch- off on the guess. Hehe.

I have been wondering the same as all of you. Working on my Touring Plans and June 4th with a 10 kind of surprised me. Guess we will just roll with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter