Why would an AP room rate be more than a regular room rate?

ksromack

DIS Veteran
So, dh and I have a 4 night Enchanted Escape standard BWI room booked. When I saw the AP Enchanted Room Escape offer was available I thought, yay! When I tried to modify my 4 night RO reservation it was more than my regular Enchanted Escape room rate! Does this make sense? So a general public special room rate should give a better discount than the same version for an Annual Passholder? Everything else was the same, room view is standard in both cases.

The average room rates for the exact same 4 nights:
Enchanted Escape Room rate standard view BWI: $462.38 per night
PH Enchanted Escape Room rate std view BWI: $476.40 per night

I even called because I was sure something was wrong with these rates. What am I missing here?

Did you pull up the day by day room rates? I am thinking on one the higher priced Fri and Sat nightly rate is not discounted and on the other offer they are discounted which would account for the higher nightly average.
I know Disney did start only discounting Sun thru Thur nights with some promos

Well now I can't because it isn't even showing up anymore! I guess all the rooms with the discount are exhausted. I get what you are saying. Our stay is Saturday through Wednesday. That makes the discount for 3 out of the 4 nights. It's just confusing to me that a 4 night trip for an "AP Enchanted Escape" would cost more than a regular ole' "Enchanted Escape" offer. No worries anymore since neither appears available right now.

So, dh and I have a 4 night Enchanted Escape standard BWI room booked. When I saw the AP Enchanted Room Escape offer was available I thought, yay! When I tried to modify my 4 night RO reservation it was more than my regular Enchanted Escape room rate! Does this make sense? So a general public special room rate should give a better discount than the same version for an Annual Passholder? Everything else was the same, room view is standard in both cases.

The average room rates for the exact same 4 nights:
Enchanted Escape Room rate standard view BWI: $462.38 per night
PH Enchanted Escape Room rate std view BWI: $476.40 per night

I even called because I was sure something was wrong with these rates. What am I missing here?

Yes, I’ve seen this happen before, and it’s weird.

I have also seen AP (and other) discounted rates which were the exact same as the non-discounted rate shown right next to it. I don't recall it ever being higher than non-discounted by more than a few pennies, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. You're not crazy--just the magical world of Disney 'discounts'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!