WiFi and Cell Service questions

1hourtoDisney

Earning My Ears
Hello! Going on our first Disney Cruise( have sailed other lines but not in the last 5 years) on the Dream on Feb 5. After we board the ship, but we are still in port-can we use our phones as normal? Post to social media, text our travel companions? Wondering if we can communicate that way while we split up to try to book some things that were unavailable when we checked in online.

Also, how about in Nassau and Castaway Cay? We have unlimited data and texts with Verizon and whenever we have traveled to Mexico we have been able to carry on as normal.

We plan on getting the 50mb that is available on the first day and just making that last. Not planning to use the phones much at all but just wanted to plan accordingly. My husband owns his own business and I am sure he will need to check in during the week.

You can use your cell service after you board the ship but before you leave the port. However be aware that you may need to go out on a deck or veranda to get good service, service inside the steel ship is spotty at best. I can’t answer the Verizon international questions. I’m sure someone else will have some insight

Doing a bit of research for you on Verizon since there haven’t been any other responses.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-travel/

I wouldn’t expect Nassau to be as friendly as Mexico was on your Verizon inclusion.

I doubt castaway Cay has regular cell towers it’s controlled by Disney who has little reason to put regular priced cell towers there. It is in the Bahamas so I would expect if you can get a signal it would be the same cost as the Bahamas.

I doubt castaway Cay has regular cell towers it’s controlled by Disney who has little reason to put regular priced cell towers there. It is in the Bahamas so I would expect if you can get a signal it would be the same cost as the Bahamas.

Castaway Cay does have cellular service, as they erected a cellsite there a few years ago. It's not connected to the ship or run by Disney - as you guessed above, it's just part of the regular Bahamian cellular system, and roaming arrangements and costs are the same as when in Nassau.

Verizon offers service in the Bahamas through the Travel Pass add-on. It's $10 a day for service. It shouldn't be a problem in Nassau but I can't say about Castaway Cay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter