Wifi in Parks

chris1212

Mouseketeer
Today we were at Magic Kingdom and the wifi was horrible!! Kept kicking me off and then Disneyguest wouldn’t even show up for me to try to connect too.

Was by Space Mountian for a while where I couldn’t even find any wifi for long periods of time.

I don’t have a US data plan, so usually just use wifi. Now I’m worried how this is going to work at Hollywood Studios for a boarding group.

Is wifi significantly better at HS?? Or do I bite it and buy some US data?

Wifi isn't that great at HS in the morning rush to all log on at the same time. We used data and it gave us a slight edge to get our boarding group. We always ended up in the 20's. We had one phone on wifi and two phones using data. The phones with data were always quicker. Also, some cell services work better in the parks and get better coverage/speed. Good luck.

WiFi is spotty. If you don't get a good signal in one spot, just move 20 yards and check again. Its not unique to Disney, its just the nature of the beast.

Thanks all!! My husband has data on his phone, was going to just try wifi on mine, but not sure I want to chance it!

I just listened to a podcast a few days ago and the person said that both mornings that they went they stood at the corner of hollywood and sunset blvds and used the wifi there to get boarding passes and seemed to have good luck.

I wouldn't care about their WiFi being horrendous but they have built a system that keeps guests WiFi dependent without the ability to access that necessary tool. Kind of like, they've built a system that is fully time-based, but offer no clocks throughout the parks.

I wouldn't care about their WiFi being horrendous but they have built a system that keeps guests WiFi dependent without the ability to access that necessary tool. Kind of like, they've built a system that is fully time-based, but offer no clocks throughout the parks.
Huh. I never really thought about that but you're right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter